Cable for Dulcet

batboy

Cable for Dulcet
« on: 17 Jun 2007, 04:47 pm »
I am a newbie here on this excellent forum. What affordable cable would you recommend on the Dulcet? I am currently using a Virtual Dynamics Master on my main rig (single-wire) which has a tendency to be a bit bright.  So I am looking for a decent biwire cable to be used on my monitors.

As I am awaiting for its arrival, do you think my BAT VK 60 will mate well? I also have a Krell KSA 200S which might overpower the li'l 'uns :weights: Thank y'all!

mcrespo71

Re: Cable for Dulcet
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2007, 06:41 pm »
Does the Dulcet use the Van Den Hul cable inside the speaker like the De Capo I does?  If so, I'd suggest going with that brand :).

batboy

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2007, 09:37 pm »
I am not sure of the internal cabling - I have to look into this. I wonder if owners have other brands that were synergistic with the Dulcet.

panderso

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2007, 03:06 pm »
I've enjoyed the very reasonably priced Van den Hul CS 122 with the Dulcets more than anything else I've tried so far; a nicely rounded presentation, free of glare or harshness.

cheers,
                 -paul-

samtheman

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2007, 09:29 pm »

Hi.guys my last cable to my Dulcet are Acoustic Zen Satori,whit VDH Skyblue jumpers.Sounds pretty good!
Best regards Sam the man

Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2007, 03:41 am »
Very happy with Speltz Anti-Cable IC's between my preamp and Sony SCD-1, and Anti-Cable speaker cables between my amps and De Capos (spades on amp end, bare wire into the bottom pair of binding posts).  I also made a two pairs of jumpers from some spare Anti-Cable I wasn't using. (BTW, my amps are Quicksilver Mini Mites, preamp is a Quicksilver Linestage.)

FWIW, the Speltz stuff replaced Kimber SilverStreak ICs and homebrew Home Depot extension cord speaker wire. I'm still using Quicksilver's own silver ICs between amps and preamp, but I am considering trying another pair of Anti-Cables there just for fun. Certainly can't beat the price.

sherod

« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2007, 01:41 am »
I currently have a specially made Acoustic Zen Satori with internal biwiring. My Dulcet are powered by VAC Musicblocs and it sounds wonderful.