3205 Questions

WEEZ

3205 Questions
« on: 7 Apr 2007, 01:54 am »
Hi Bill,

I don't want to make this too long or complicated, but I've read the info on your site and have a few questions. I'm posting this here because hopefully others may be curious too. :)

1) Does the Platinum Mkll (12AU7) version change the input sensitivity (gain) from the Signature (12AX7) version? Still 500mv?
2) If one opts for the integrated version (of either one), is there room for a DACT, Goldpoint, or similar volume control in lieu of the ALPS?
3) If one opts for the integrated; is there room for a record output in addition to the (4) inputs?
4) Is there a way to get a 6 ohm output tap as an option?
5) Are custom paint colors still available?..as well as the wood front plates?

I realize there would be up-charges for this stuff..(just wondering how 'custom' one could go)  8)

WEEZ

(you have a PM on another totally different matter)

WEEZ

Re: 3205 Questions
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2007, 11:04 pm »
?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2007, 11:39 pm »
Sorry Weez, I don't get email notifications and this one slipped by. I'll addres sthe PM after done here.

I don't want to make this too long or complicated, but I've read the info on your site and have a few questions. I'm posting this here because hopefully others may be curious too.

No problem at all. Thank you.

1) Does the Platinum Mkll (12AU7) version change the input sensitivity (gain) from the Signature (12AX7) version? Still 500mv?

It still remains around the 500mV .

2) If one opts for the integrated version (of either one), is there room for a DACT, Goldpoint, or similar volume control in lieu of the ALPS?

Yes, I have built them with all of the above.

3) If one opts for the integrated; is there room for a record output in addition to the (4) inputs?

Absolutely. Done quite a few with tape outputs. Mostly for CD recorders.

4) Is there a way to get a 6 ohm output tap as an option?

No, there is no 6 ohm tap on the transformer. Most run 6 ohm loads from the 8 ohm tap.

5) Are custom paint colors still available?..as well as the wood front plates?

Yes, both custom paint and powder coating.

I realize there would be up-charges for this stuff..(just wondering how 'custom' one could go) 

As far as you imagination will allow.

WEEZ

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2007, 11:51 pm »
Thanks much for the info!!

:thumb:

WEEZ