DIY Pick-Up truck bed liner

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
DIY Pick-Up truck bed liner
« on: 17 Mar 2007, 08:25 pm »
Hey guys!

Regarding DIY "rolled on" truck bed liners:
I've been contemplating about my recent Open Baffle speaker project to be covered with a DIY truck bed liner coating.
However the only DIY bed liners I've seen, look like crap.

I originally posted the idea on Hawthorne Audio, and the response was positive (now I'm exited about the prospect)
Here's a cut and paste of my response to the post on Hawthorne regarding DIY bed liners:

Unfortunately, the only "after" results of a DIY bed liner I've seen would not be suitable for a speaker. The applications I've seen look very cheap compared to a pro job. They looked like thick black paint with a small aggregate mixed in. Slightly smaller than cat litter, slightly bigger than sand. The pro jobs look like a heavily orange peeled epoxy that's evenly sprayed on (about 1/8" thick from what I can tell). I'd hate to spend the money for a DIY bed liner that looks like I mixed sand in black paint. I THINK the aggregate is a bag of stuff you pour in the liquid/paint/epoxy just before you apply it to your truck. A fellow could leave out this "sand" and just have the black stuff, but is this black 'stuff' paint or epoxy??

Anybody ever use this stuff??

Bob