Get together

Pez

Get together
« on: 14 Jul 2003, 03:35 pm »
Guys,  
    I will be moving out of my house in about a month or so :( .  It's really too bad as my listening room is great (that's all I'll miss though) Any way it's time for one last hurrah! Whether you're local or not you should come over to hear the best system known to man ONE LAST TIME. :)  I am thinking this coming weekend sometime, but let me know what works for you.

brad b

Alternate Fun!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2003, 03:51 pm »
Drat!  So many opportunities, so little time...  will be hiking in the mountains above Vail.  Life in Colorado is so demanding!  Listening to Pez's great sounding system, having Wayne's toy shop next door, talking to Mike about the technical differences in cables, and ogling Tyson's wife...Oops, did I say that?

If there was ever a good audition room for the 626's, Pez has it!!!  Let's hope your next pad is close!!!

Have a great time, wish I could join you.
b

Wayne1

Get together
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2003, 04:32 pm »
One last DAM shootout :?

I am breaking in the stock ART SLA-1 right now. That should be ready to compare to anything anyone cares to bring. I have a stock Hafler DH-220 and the highly modded LeAmps I could also lug along.

We could do a comparison of all the 626Rs we own. Jason's stock ones. My pair with Auricaps and the new pair with Auricaps and the FST.

I might even be done with my Teres 255 by then :D

I will bring a Napalm digital cable prototype if Tyson brings his Mensa 8)

Pez

Get together
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2003, 05:02 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
I will bring a Napalm digital cable prototype if Tyson brings his Mensa 8)

Tyson's not invited.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Get together
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2003, 08:36 pm »
I'm never invited, but it doesn't stop me. . .

Pez

Get together
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2003, 12:40 am »
:)

Bring your scotch.  :mrgreen:

mgalusha

suckage....
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:09 am »
I can't make it, inlaws are rolling into town on Friday and will be staying with us through the weekend.

I would really like to be there but not happening. :(  I would have been nice to try some of Tyson's good scotch.

Any idea where you will be living yet Jason?

Mike

peakrchau

• http://www.angelfire.com/ca/rchau/audio.html
Get together
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:17 am »
One last DAM shootout :?

I am breaking in the stock ART SLA-1 right now. That should be ready to compare to anything anyone cares to bring. I have a stock Hafler DH-220 and the highly modded LeAmps I could also lug along....

Wayne have you had time to give it a quick listen and form some impressions...out of the box I say a change of power chords might be the order of the day. You might need to update the binding posts so that you can attach spades. Looking forward to both your reply and the outcome of your get-togther

Wayne1

Get together
« Reply #8 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:32 am »
peakrchau,

I took the SLA-1 out of the box and pulled the cover. I looked it over and put it back in the box for a week or so.

I now have it hooked up to a pair of 250 watt 8 ohm resistors. I am running the output of Jim Hagerman's FryKleaner into it. Average voltage across the resistors is 4.3 AC. The resistors are mildly warm and the heatsinks on the amp are extremely hot.

I will let this go on for a few more days. I do want to make sure the amp is fully broken in before we compare it to anything.

I have not listened to it yet. I will wait until we all get together at Jason's.

We will probably be using Jason's KKSV-2 speaker cable, which is terminated with WBT angled spades. There will be no problem hooking up any of the amps. I am just trying to make sure what we listen to will be representive of a stock, broken in SLA-1.

If the amp shows as much promise as has been reported, then I may start replacing parts. Otherwise, it will be up for sale.

Tyson

Get together
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2003, 02:46 am »
I'll bring the Aberlour and the Macallans.   :P

Pez

Get together
« Reply #10 on: 16 Jul 2003, 06:06 pm »
Ok I'm thinking saturday at 2, for Tyson that means Saturday at 12 if he is going to show up on time.  Sorry so late guys, but I have to work. :?

theborg

Get together
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jul 2003, 01:47 pm »
What about a Denver regional circle?

Pez

Get together
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jul 2003, 02:17 pm »
You have my vote.  If a more or less "unknown" place like Australia gets their own circle so should we  :P j/k

Wayne1

Get together
« Reply #13 on: 18 Jul 2003, 02:23 pm »
Sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can get some new blood, and new music involved in our listening sessions.

Pez

Get together
« Reply #14 on: 18 Jul 2003, 02:32 pm »
Maybe we can get some new blood, and new music involved in our listening sessions.

What you don't like to listen to Natalie Merchant, Radiohead, and Nine Inch Nails over and over and over again? :lol:

Tyson

Get together
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jul 2003, 04:53 pm »
Hey, last time I brough Johnny Cash!  If you keep that whining up, I'll bring Eminem tomorrow. :rock:

Pez

Get together
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jul 2003, 07:20 pm »
Better not Tyson,  you know Wayne will just counter your move by bringing over Bela Fleck.  :P

mgalusha

Get together
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jul 2003, 07:32 pm »
If I could make it, I'd bring some Mel Torme just for you Jason.  :singing:

theborg

Get together
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jul 2003, 12:45 pm »
Okey doke, all good votes. Who's Fac?

Pez

Get together
« Reply #19 on: 19 Jul 2003, 03:14 pm »
Me