Availability of Bella EXtreme products & special offer

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
 Greetings everyone,

At this time, I have the benches full with Bella EXtreme 100 amplifiers that are going to reviewers:thumb:

I have decided to offer a RMAF special offer on the next 5 Bella EXTreme 3205 amplifiers ordered. I will post this information on my website in the next day or so. Interested Circle members can contact me for details if you want to take avantage of the special and to talk about turnaround time.

The Bella EXtreme 100 mono blocs will be going into production soon with the first batch being only 5 pair. I will be talking to my dealers about accepting pre-orders very soon. This information will be posted as soon as all details have been determined.
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2006, 03:12 am by Response Audio »

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
Re: Current scheduling for Bella EXtreme products
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2006, 01:04 am »
I hope I can persuade Bill to join VMPS in our CES both with a pair of the monoblocks.  If so, look for a repeat of our hit RMAF performance Jan 8-11 in Las Vegas.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
I hope I can persuade Bill to join VMPS in our CES both with a pair of the monoblocks.  If so, look for a repeat of our hit RMAF performance Jan 8-11 in Las Vegas.

It would be a great honor to be associated with VMPS once again. This will depend greatly on when my next shipment of chassis come in for the Bella EXtreme mono blocs. I am currently building 2 pair for reviewers (one pair already bought and paid for) and only have one last pair left which may be gone early next week as I have an in-house audition scheduled.

I will have more answers as well as the dealer list posted in the next few days.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 Hello all,
 Here are the deatils on the continued special pricing on the Bella EXtreme 3205:

http://www.responseaudio.com/bella3205.htm

Here is the dealer list I promised fror the Bella EXtreme 100:

Audio Bugged - NJ
 ModWright Instruments - WA
 Jam'n Audio - IL

Contact information can be found on the Bella EXtreme webpage of my site.

I am still working on having more product available for CES!!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Fabulous.

Big B.  if Bill is too busy with Bella Extreme 100's just get the 200s!  :lol: I have been running a pair of these on the ribbons on my 40s for a while and they are something special.  RCA red based for the inputs and Sylvania bad boy chrome tops on the drivers work quite nicely.  For output tubes, reissue Tung Sol 6550s are little brighter than EH KT88 but both are good.   I have another integrated that uses 4 6550s and I compared the tubes on those.  The best I heard are cryoed JAN 6550A 1985 GE (Kuhl Tubes) which beat the previous two by a wide margin.  Unfortunately I can't afford 2 octets, but you could.  :drool:  Welcome to the sound of Response Audio Tubes and VMPS ribbons.   :dance: :dance:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 Hey Woodsyi,
 The 200s would be even longer at this time as we are approching these Big Boys in a different way.

As most already know, the 100s are based on the chassis that was used in the Monsoons. The ASL Monsoon has been discontinued as we know it and completely redesigned and is no longer a KT88 amplifier. The price has also risen to $4200 pr. The Bella EXtreme 100s are based on the original chassis which are OEM'ed for me now.

I hope to soon bring in the new version of the ASL Hurricane to take a look inside. I will probably offer a really good "beta" price for the first person to step to the plate and want to order a new Bella EXtreme Hurricane. There is now more circuitry to contend to and obviously the price will increase. There has also been an increase in the cost of all (well most anyway) the internal components used within these products. You wouldn't believe how much Riken Resistors are now.

The 2007 Hurricane is now $6200 pr. and I will be offering maybe one or two full Bella EXtreme Hurricanes for an iintroductory price of $10,500. (less than the original EXtreme Hurricanes sold for). You have to consider the large number of Teflon capacitors in these units as well. The old version used 28 pieces alone and I believe the new version will contain more. Then add in the labor of completely gutting the units and building fresh from the chassis up. In my peak, it was over 15 hours a pair. The new versions will be even more difficult to work on (see CAD  photo below). Yes, they will still fall under the Hurricane name and will continue to be a Response Audio exclusive product.  There are now dozens of pairs of EXtreme Hurricanes out there as the heart of some highly regarded and some very costly systems. I feel confident the new EXtreme Hurricanes will continue the tradition!!

So........Any takers to be the first to save thousands and own a new 2007 EXtreme Hurricane? Order one by the end of this month and have it around the first of the year.

I will be starting a new thread with this information as well.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 In regard to having mono blocs available for CES 2007, it does not look like this is going to happen at least not the 100's. As it stands right now, it will be the first week of January, at the earliest, that I will even be able to see my shipment of chassis if my order goes in this week.

I may be patient and wait for the professional reviews of the Bella EXtreme 100 mono blocs to come out first.

I am considering introducing some highly modified 60 watt mono blocs based on 2x 6C33 in parelllel. These are very limited in availability right now but if they do as well as the 100's, they could become another Bella EXtreme regular product.
 Your thoughts would be welcome:
  http://www.responseaudio.com/bellacustom.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
 Greeings, Just wanted to clear up something I have been receiving emails about. On the Bella EXTreme Customs page, the price for the EXTreme Hurricanes is the no-holds-bar version. This includes such things as Gold Bybee Purifiers in the signal path (retailing at $500 pr), Bybees in the B+voltage which require 4 pieces and many more extra goodies yet to be mentioned :nono:

Over the past year, I have had several request to put together such modifications for the Hurricane amplifiers and the all out version is based on what consumers have been asking for.

The regular (if you can call it regular) EXtreme Hurricanes as have been mntioned on my site for some time will still continue to be available but will obviously be a bit higher in price do to the new design and increase in cost of components used in the upgrades.

I will also continue to offer the same EXtreme Hurricane modifications as I have been doing the past two years as well on all pre-2007 units. I am also not changing the price on these.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Update of availability:

Bella EXtreme 100 mono blocs are sold out for 2006. I have sent two pair out to reviewers and I had one pair on hold for a customer that could not make up his mind between these and the EXtreme 60 mono blocs. Just today, he decided on the 100's simply do to the need for the power. Delivery for my next chassis shipment will not be till January 2007.

I have 2 pair of the Bella EXtreme 60 mono blocs left. I am keeping one pair for myself as I cannot take myself away from their presentation (they are currently driving a pair of Adagio speakers). I may keep another pair for myself untill I get another shipment of the chassis in. Details can be found here:
http://www.responseaudio.com/bellacustom.htm

Bella EXtreme 3205 stereo amps are available with a 30 day delivery time. I just received my shipment of chassis in this week. I will keep the special pricing going till I feel like removing it :wink: Remember, the next unit to sell will be for a good cause as the full selling price is going to the Terry Cain Benefit.