A special thanks for RMAF

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
A special thanks for RMAF
« on: 23 Oct 2006, 04:40 pm »
 I wanted to take this time to thank all of those who made it possible for Response Audio to be exposed once again in this year's RMAF show. The feedback I have been receiving from show attendees has been better than we could have hoped for.

It takes a special synergy of products to produce such fine results not to mention simply fine products to start with.

So, with that said, I want to thank Wanye at Bolder Cable, Brian Cheney from VMPS, Joe Jurzec from Jam'n Audio, Dan Wirght who needs no further introduction, Robert Lee from Acoustic Zen and Frank Kraus for putting things together for us. I am honored to have been associated with so many fine people in this industry!!

For those who asked us to custom build amplifiers for their room, my apologies for not being able to do so in this year's event. Due to the flood, I had to decline a few inquiries but do very much appreciate their interest in using our products.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: A special thanks for RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2006, 04:46 pm »
Let's not forget all the AC member for thier efforts in providing pictures, comments and simply being the reason such events are held!!

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2006, 02:33 am »
Bill,

I only heard your amp in the Bolder room, but it sure was singing.
VMPS speakers need a LOT of current - and the 60 tube watts drove them well.

DeadFish

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2006, 10:16 pm »
Hey Bill!
Heard your amps in both Wayne's room and across the hall in Dan's room and was real pleased with what I heard!
I had been wanting to hear some of your work for quite a while now, and was glad to have to have the chance with 2 incarnations.
I was particularly struck how the gear in both rooms 'got out of the way' of the music, and I know I told at least Dan that.
There was definitely something special going on, to my taste, in both rooms.  As a confirmed 'tube-head' with horns, I was tickled at what they did with the VMPS and Acoustic Zen. 
I had a major running arguement for two days not to take advantage of the 'show special' on your amp in the Bolder room, but I had to be realistic about that ugly $$$ matters when showing up back home.  (the wife that rented me a Mitsibushi Eclipse to drive there!!!)  I have to make certain that my wife will let me go again!!!
Thanks again for making possible to have those amps out there, as you are definitely on my list for thoughts on my next amp.
Hope you get great response in orders from it!

Best Regards,
DeadFish
(or, 'another Bill')

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2006, 10:48 pm »
Bill AKA deadfish:
 Didn't I tell you to get rid of the wife?

Cheers
                   Charlie

WEEZ

« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2006, 11:26 pm »
c'mon, dad..this is an audio forum!  :lol:  :duh:

good to meet ya Charles!

Bill, (Bill Baker, I mean) you really need to try and make it to RMAF next year. Hope you can...

WEEZ (the other dad)

WEEZ

« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2006, 11:29 pm »
err....the 'son', actually  :icon_lol:

DeadFish

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:00 am »
Yes, Charlie, you did.
I know, Mama taught me to respect the voices of wisdom, but this lady puts up with *ME* ya know?! 
That kind of thing don't come along everyday, maybe never!
An absolute pleasure and honor to hang with you and Weez when I could.
One can spot the family resemblance in a heartbeat.

:lol:

Best,
DeadFish

Charles Calkins

« Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:24 am »
Bill:
 She must be a saint!!!

Cheers
                Charlie

WEEZ

« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:47 am »
...family resemblance my ass..  :o

:roll:

WEEZ!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2006, 01:22 am »

Brad - Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear you also found the 3205 to be a good match with the VMPS speakers.

"other Bill" - I too am a big 'tube-head' with horns but obviously understand and appreciate all other audio preferences. If it's not low power tubes with high-e horns, it's the power houses with other fine loudspeaker designs. From the Adagios to big Usher horns, as long as it touches the soul, I'm happy. This is why I am trying to design amplifier designs to accommodate both ends of the spectrum.  (yes, an SET amp is still in the works). Thank you as well for the kind words and great feedback.
 I am on your side in regard to the wife situation. Once you find one you love AND puts up with you, never let her go :nono:

WEEZ - You are absolutely correct. I need to get out there for the next show. The only problem is that I am a people person and love to talk so I would spend most my time walking around tracking down everyone I have spoken to over the years rather than "staying home" in the rooms where I should be.

Till then, I will just have to remain the mysterious Bill Baker that nobody has yet to see :peek: (except for those who have visited the store in person)

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2006, 01:55 am »
I'd like to thank Bill for loaning out his amp to Wayne in the Boulder room.  It was a pleasure to listen to over the show.

Bryan

DeadFish

« Reply #12 on: 25 Oct 2006, 02:03 am »
Thanks for the thoughts, Bill. 
Anxious to hear about it when you work out a SET amp too!
I've slid thru the backdoor and gotten a certain fascination with the Altec speakers.  These 19's of mine do great with low wattage, but Steve K's VTL monos were uber-power to them a while back, and they really jumped with some juice.  But no solid state!  :thumbdown:
The Altec Boleros like either just fine, but I *do* have my tubular prefernces. :wink:
You got it right on the 'wimmins'!  In fact, I've thought of getting ahold of one of these high-falutin' surgeons that separate conjoined twins to see if they do it the other way around, get us joined at the hip, and she can't get away!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's one way to get her to the show!

Best of luck!!

Bill