Summer Blues

wje

Summer Blues
« on: 25 Jul 2006, 06:02 pm »
The winter blues thread inspired me to start this thread.

I've been on a "sabbatical" from this board for a few months.  Work has kept me going - both my 9-5 assignment and the home repair business.  Add to that, we head to closing this Friday (sold our place after 54 days on the market).  Now, all of our "stuff" has been relocated to PODs, a 10x25x9 climate controlled storage area and a few cubic feet in the corner of a friend's basement.

On Friday, I'll officially be homeless.  Not sure if that's the proper term or not.  Actually, we're going to be moving into one of the Marriott extended stay places for a while - then, onto a short-term lease.  Our intent is to park the equity from the sale of our townhome (owned for 15 years) and then watch the real estate market for a while.  Not sure where prices will end up, but down seems to be the trend of late.  We've submitted an offer on a place that was 18 years old, but the offer (which was quite fair) was rejected.  I think a few more months of places staying on the market will change some perceptions a bit more.

On the audio front, I did sell of my Onix CD player.  In its place, a fine new Squeezebox 3 player.  It was very refreshing to gather all of my CDs and rip them into FLAC format on the computer.  Probably the biggest gain with this change came in the form of neatness.  Jewel cases no longer have to populate my listening area.

Have a great summer! :)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Summer Blues
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2006, 06:33 pm »
Wayne,

I am sure prices will not escalate like the last couple of years but I am not sure single home prices will actually come down.  I would think they will plateau or just appreciate less.  Condos on the other hand will come down since there is a glut of new units being put into service next couple of years.  If you figure the loss of interest deduction,  you could lose by waiting unless you kick ass investing the equity........

You and the family are invited to come by to listen to some music and quaff a few if you get tired of Marriott hospitality.  Good luck.