1973 Chevelle SS 454 for sale.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 10 Jul 2005, 02:13 am »
My neighbor has this American Classis for sale and I mentioned I would build a page for it on my website. The motor is freash as I helped him pull and build it last year. The link below will take you to the page on my site where there are some nice pictures of the car.

http://www.responseaudio.com/chevelle.htm

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2005, 02:15 am »
Sweet!!  I have never been much for older cars but I love this era of Chevelles.  Sweet looks, lots of muscle.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2005, 03:02 am »
Quote from: JoshK
Sweet!!  I have never been much for older cars but I love this era of Chevelles.  Sweet looks, lots of muscle.

Lots of muscle?  :lol:

The 73' and beyond was neutered compared to the previous model years.

That being said, this particular car sure looks like a great example of that year.

George

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2005, 03:08 am »
The 73' and beyond was neutered compared to the previous model years

I agree. I once had a 66' that was mean as hell. The 73+ were quite a bit bigger but this one is still a killer. I put the motor in this one and couln't wait to see what it was capable of. She moves pretty damn good.

I just sold a 64 Chevy II Nova that I "modified" to no end. I built the motor, a 65' 283, that produced about 350 horses. My kids were afraid of this car as it would rattle the windows in the house when idleing in the driveway. I prefer the smaller cars and small bloc motors.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2005, 09:58 am »
I grew up with my Mom's 67 chevelle 283 with disc brakes.  They sold it when I was 15, right out from under me.  My next year in high school the flunkie janitor had bought it.  6 mos later he wrecked it.  I was pissed!

AKSA

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2005, 11:25 pm »
Bad things happened from '72 when the Muskie laws really bit on these muscle cars.  350CIDs were down to less than 180 horses by '73.  Bill, like you I always preferred the small block;  the big block was a rough motor because of unequal intake porting between alternate cylinders, but like all Chevys the oiling system was magnificent......

These days I drive an MX83 Toyota Cressida, just 180 CID, but I have to say it's the probably the best auto engine I've ever owned.  Recently I bought a 900 Hornet Honda, and it's motor is a pearler too;  pulls like a truck from 2000 rpm and absolutely incredible throttle response.  Reasonable economy, too.

Cheers,

Hugh