FS: Holo Serene Pre-amp, KTE edition ($2,200)

newzooreview

FS: Holo Serene Pre-amp, KTE edition ($2,200)
« on: 24 Oct 2023, 10:13 pm »
I am having to reorganize and repurpose space at home and am consolidating down to a headphone system. The Holo Serene pre-amp, KTE edition has been a clear and musical window to the music in my system, and if I were to buy a pre-amp in the future it would be this one (or whatever newer version Holo comes up with). At the moment, this is the best they make.

I am the original owner and purchased the Holo Serene, KTE from Tim Connor in May 2021.

$2,200 plus insured shipping (if applicable). Payment by Zelle. I am in the Washingon D.C. region if you want to arrange local pickup.

The pre-amp and its remote are in excellent condition. They’ve been sitting in my smoke-free, pet-free living room and don’t have any dents or nicks or other marks on them. The remote has been in a ziplock bag: I programmed the volume control into another remote and did not use the Holo-supplied remote.

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: FS: Holo Serene Pre-amp, KTE edition ($2,200)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2023, 10:39 pm »
I have this preamp and its fantastic.  i paid a lot more than this for mine - this one is a great deal for someone.  GLWtS!

newzooreview

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2023, 07:34 pm »
Here are a couple of pictures. The interior photo is from the Kitsune Hifi website. I have never opened mine up.

jtsnead

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2023, 04:59 pm »
Does this pre have balance adjustment?

newzooreview

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2023, 06:00 pm »
Hi,

I just noticed your post.

The Serene does have a balance adjustment, so one channel cannot be set at a different volume than the other.

With respect to topology it is a fully balanced design (a different meaning of balance).

The Serene adopts a true and fully-balanced design from end to end, with 4 sets of channels, left and right channels each form a fully-discrete design, and each channel has two fully-discrete and separate amplification modules to complete buffering and amplification (attenuation) functions for a total of 8 amplification modules.

The 8 amplification modules of Serene are of a fully discrete design. The shortcomings of the transistor itself are solved through structural design and implementation. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional transistors. Using significant amounts of paired transistors delivers superior linearity and also has the advantages of electron tubes and transistors at the same time.

Serene's power supply is a completely independent structure from the secondary transformer. This is a dual mono amplifier placed in a chassis, so it has a full frequency >130dB performance of channel separation so that the sound field is perfectly reproduced.

Serene’s volume control is a fully balanced stepping device controlled by a relay-controlled gain stage. Relays are the finest quality with Silver Palladium (AgPd) Gold Plated contacts. For a total of 84 steps, each step is 1dB volume and provides a volume control from -78 dB to +6 dB. Its advantage is that it has ultra-low noise and can be accurately controlled at low volume without causing the phenomenon of left and right channels having unmatched levels. The matching degree of left and right channels in all volume ranges are within +/-0.1 dB.

The manual is here: https://www.kitsunehifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Serene_User_Manual.pdf

New Record Day on Youtube has used the Serene as a reference pre-amp for the last couple of years.

newzooreview

SOLD: Holo Serene Pre-amp, KTE edition ($2,200)
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2023, 03:45 pm »
Sold for asking price.