SOLD

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

SOLD
« on: 20 Jun 2023, 11:19 pm »

« Last Edit: 3 Dec 2023, 10:50 pm by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
I must say, that is undoubtedly the most impressive ad I have seen in all my many years of trading!

GLWYS!

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2023, 03:01 am by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing how the mods go, you are  in good hands with Stephe.

I’ve done most of the Skunkie mods to my R8 and it sounds a whole lot better than stock. The last mod I have to do is rip out all the headphone wiring and redo the grounding scheme which I think will make the amp very quiet.

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

Woodsage

• My YouTube Channel
Re: WILLSINGTON R300B INTERGRATED TUBE AMP
« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2023, 06:05 pm »
@ NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

My comments here are not necessarily relative to your modification and sale just my thought process regarding my R8.

When I got my R8 I thought it sounded good especially for the price. When I stumbled onto the Skunkie mods I thought about whether I wanted to do them or not. Although they are sound, well thought out, use better parts, etc. I knew that if I did the mods it would substantially reduce the resale price of the amp. I’ve bought and sold for many years and have a pretty good idea how people think when buying gear. You might find just the right buyer who understands the value and is willing to pay for it but I think they are the exception.

I ultimately decided to do the mods for a few reasons. I liked the amp and decided I wanted to keep it for a while, I am retired so was looking for something to do at the time and I got a very good price on the amp when I bought it new so knew I wouldn’t lose much if I did decide to sell it down the road. I also knew that the amp would sound better (it does) and be more reliable especially as I use KT88’s which taxed the stock power supply caps and choke.

I’m happy I did the mods and am looking forward to doing the last bit which is the star grounding, rerouting the heater wiring etc.

As I recall you have two of these so you can compare the stock and the modded versions?

Have fun doing the mods and GLWYS!

NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2023, 03:00 am by NXSTUDIO-DRUMMER »