Suggestion for setting up ProAc Tablette 10 Signature edition

guru.gti

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are doing great.

This is Guru here and I am currently in Singapore.

I did a lot of research and for my near-field listening and bought ProAc Tablettes 10 signature edition. Right now they are sitting idle on my table. I dont have any cables, Amplifier or DAC. I have done some more silly research and rounded up the following Integrated Amplifiers:

1) PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Integrated Amplifier

2) Roksan K3

3) Denon PMA 1600NE

Note:  Planning to buy used ones to keep the budget under control

Speaker Specs
10 Ohm , Power 50 W , Sensitivity : 86 dB linear for 1 WATT at 1 metre

I rely on Digital Sources (Qobuz) only. Hence I will need some suggestion for a DAC also (Currently thinking about Ares 2 or Pontus v1). I am okay to run them on the Integrated DAC for sometime but wish to leave options open for future upgrades.

For Cables I was thinking about buying some used Canare 4s11 cables.

Let me know your thoughts , If I am headed in the right direction.

Regards,

Guru

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Welcome!

Had a Prima Luna integrated, was just OK (the best luck I had with any tube gear).  If you follow the basic rules of physics any wire should be OK.  Looke to audioholics for common sense advice.  DAC technology has been improving rapidly, so hard to justify spending lots of money on them.  Suggest looking at Chord Mojo ($429), Schiit BiFrost ($699), or RME ADI-2 FS ($1000) if you want to splurge.
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2022, 04:00 pm by JLM »

toocool4

I don’t know the ProAc Tablette 10 Signature, I use to lust after the ProAc Tablettes, great speakers. At the time my friend has the ProAc Response 1SE.
These speakers like quality amps behind them, low sensitivity is an issue with them if you want to play loud.

I used to have Roksan Pre / Power amps. Since Touraj left Roksan, the standards have gone down. They are not as good as they used to be, personally I don’t think the Kandy is up the calibre of the ProAc’s assuming the ProAc’s are as good or better than I remembered.

From what I remember the Tablettes are not fussy with cables.
If you want the best from your Tablettes, don’t leave them on a table get good stands.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Those are wonderful speakers, I'm sure you'll love them.  However they are very inefficient and need lots of power to drive them.  I'd recommend anything over 150 to 200 watts.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Too bad this speaker are so low efficiency, seems he will need a transparent 200W Class D.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
How big is your room?  How loud do you listen?  Are you after life-like volume levels (105-110 dB peaks)?  In a medium sized room (2,000 cubic feet), at moderate levels (say 85 dB average for critical listening), that would translate into roughly 100 watts per channel.  Keep in mind that it takes a doubling of power to add 3 dB.