Topping HS01 USB 2.0 High Speed Audio Isolator / Fix ground hum

Merryvale92

Having had a very quiet USB ground hum (Windows 11 / USB / DAC), I ordered one of these gadgets and the dang thing works. It does not inhibit the transfer of highest resolution audio files. Two things: I use a 5 volt power source for the HS01 and that is plugged into my power conditioner. They advised the power for the HS01 must not come from the computer.
If this is boring or a useless post, please delete it.

Windows 11 / JRiver or Foobar / USB / SMSL SU-9 DAC / AVA Vision SET 120 power amplifier / Elac Carina speakers

Merryvale92

Having had a very quiet USB ground hum (Windows 11 / USB / DAC), I ordered one of these gadgets and the dang thing works. It does not inhibit the transfer of highest resolution audio files. Two things: I use a 5 volt power source for the HS01 and that is plugged into my power conditioner. They advised the power for the HS01 must not come from the computer.
If this is boring or a useless post, please delete it.

Windows 11 / JRiver or Foobar / USB / SMSL SU-9 DAC / AVA Vision SET 120 power amplifier / Elac Carina speakers
I just put in the Gustard x26 Pro DAC and no longer need the power supply for the HS01. I wish I could eliminate this ground loop hum without the HS01, but at least there was a fix for me.

Merryvale92

I would have ordered that one, but they were out of stock with no end in site.
I did figure out the power supply is needed or there will be minor disruptions when listening to DSD files.
I tried plugging my computer and audio system into the same power outlet and this did not solve the ground loop issue. I just don't understand enough about it.

Merryvale92

I'm sorry to say the unit has completely failed (power light won't activate). I'm sorry I ever made this post. Buyer beware.