How nice was Santa to you this year?

EdRo

How nice was Santa to you this year?
« on: 30 Dec 2013, 08:09 pm »
Anyone find something amazing under the tree this Christmas?

rockadanny

Re: How nice was Santa to you this year?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2013, 09:01 pm »
Yes! Each year I give Mrs. Santa a list of CDs from which to choose. Our idea of appropriate gifts differ, so I usually end up with only one or two CDs on the list, along with other gifts (not on the list) she thought I'd prefer. I never do. Ever. This year, finally, I got all of the CDs on my list, and nothing else! Perfect! So in my case, this was amazing. CDs:

Requiem - Accentus (Artist), Equilbery (Artist), Piau (Artist), Degout (Artist), Hery (Artist), Faure (Composer)

Lee Konitz - Live at the Half Note

Dave Brubeck - Countdown: Time in Outer Space; Time Changes; and Time In (completing the "Time" series for me, now have all five)

Alma Flamenca - Isaac Albeniz (Composer), Sabicas (Composer), Paco de Lucia (Composer), Grisha Goryachev (Performer)

Chick Corea - Now He Sings Now He Sobs

Songs: Ohia - Magnolia Electric Company Co. (Deluxe 2xCD Reissue, 2013)

Roy Hargrove - Emergence

Miles Davis - Newport 1958

Mrs. Santa finally got it right, so very very nice.

seadogs1

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2013, 09:08 pm »
Well, not under the tree but he did bring the New Joule Whites in Christmas red. I must have been REALLY,REALLY, NICE!!!!!

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2013, 09:10 pm »
Wifey got me some Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm headphones for Christmas.  Very nice, now I get to have something decent to listen to while I am work.

Seadogs, you seem to have outdone me as far as audio gear for Christmas.  I have already started the long sell to my wife for having Ryan build me some Bass bins like that for my Cirrus.  How are you liking them?

seadogs1

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2013, 09:18 pm »
sharpsuxx, in a word FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

roscoeiii

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2013, 09:49 pm »
I was crushed not to have a pair of Nimbus in my stocking.

I'll try even harder to be good in 2014

EdRo

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2013, 02:57 am »
That would need to be one SERIOUS stocking, amigo! Have the fireplace inspected before the Nimbus are hung off the mantel; I'd hate to see you wake up and find the chimney laying down and across the living room!  :o
They're a bit on the heavy side.

roscoeiii

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2013, 03:29 am »
That would need to be one SERIOUS stocking, amigo! Have the fireplace inspected before the Nimbus are hung off the mantel; I'd hate to see you wake up and find the chimney laying down and across the living room!  :o
They're a bit on the heavy side.

Good points. My mom was the engineer, not me.

Ericus Rex

« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2013, 02:04 pm »
Yes! Each year I give Mrs. Santa a list of CDs from which to choose. Our idea of appropriate gifts differ, so I usually end up with only one or two CDs on the list, along with other gifts (not on the list) she thought I'd prefer. I never do. Ever. This year, finally, I got all of the CDs on my list, and nothing else! Perfect! So in my case, this was amazing. CDs:

My wife has traditionally done the same thing...though I usually have 50 or so CDs and music scores on my Amazon wishlist, which I remind her of several times prior to Christmas.  I think she also wants to 'SURPRISE!' me with things she's has picked out.  They usually fall flat because what I really wanted was on my Amazon wishlist, which she ignored.  This year, however, she 'SURPRISE!'d me with several items on my wishlist!  I Pavlov'd her fine choices appropriately.

EdRo

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jan 2014, 11:52 am »
WOW Seadogs!!! You've been nice for a L-O-N-G TIME!!! Congrats on that score.  :thumb:

seadogs1

« Reply #10 on: 2 Jan 2014, 03:25 pm »
C'on EdRo not THAT long!!!!! Anyway, anyone who has not heard the Vapor Audio Joule Whites SHOULD definitely audition them. I don't know how to describe the sound but here is a list of the speakers I have owned: Bozak 305 Century, Phase Linear Phase 3 with sub, Fulton Crescendos, Original Infinity Servo Stats with sub, Unity Audio Signature 3 with subs, Audio Physics Virgo, Avantgarde Acoustics Duo Horn Speakers, Soundlab M-1 Electrostatic Speakers,
VMPS V60 Speakers with Large Subs, and finally John Tucker modified Usher BE-10 speakers. As impressive as some of these speakers are The Vapors BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER!!!! Of course, you could say that is just my opinion and that is your opinion but everyone who has heard them at my home says the same thing. Long story short if you get a chance to hear them definitely DO SO!!!!!!