RMAF Ubers are SOLD OUT... Thanks to you all.

sahihe

Re: RMAF Ubers are SOLD OUT... Thanks to you all.
« Reply #20 on: 4 Oct 2012, 03:55 am »
Cool. Looking forward to having this in my system.

Dave, are these going to be already broken in - given that they'll be used at RMAF - oh that will be so cool.  :D

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #21 on: 4 Oct 2012, 05:53 am »
To the 4 individuals who bought these discounted Ubers, a HUGE thank you!  :notworthy:

I'm finally getting some peace of mind after 2 days of stressing over wanting to get my second Uber that I can't afford anyways. You guys are saints.  :angel:  :lol:  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

sahihe

« Reply #22 on: 4 Oct 2012, 06:09 am »
Anytime. Glad we could be of help.  :D

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 4 Oct 2012, 11:05 am »
Please keep it simple.  It works and that's all that matters.  An aluminum case for the Uber would easily double the cost if not triple.  The worst part, it will not perform any better.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #24 on: 4 Oct 2012, 11:15 am »
Please keep it simple.  It works and that's all that matters.  An aluminum case for the Uber would easily double the cost if not triple.  The worst part, it will not perform any better.

They work very well.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #25 on: 4 Oct 2012, 01:40 pm »

If the performance isn't better, then who cares?! I'm with Jason on this one. But, that's easy for me to say, as all my equipment is in a separate room.

Anand.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 4 Oct 2012, 03:30 pm »
They work very well.
Are you telling me or agreeing?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #27 on: 4 Oct 2012, 03:57 pm »
No worries, guys.  Long ago I figured out that I wanted to spend all of the money on the parts that do the work.  I already spend 3-4 times what other manufacturers would on the guts at my price points.  Besides, when a piece of gear is usually behind a rack in a dimly lit room who cares anyway?

Aluminum is a great medium to work with as is stainless steel.  The implanters that I used to work on had chambers that were 3"-4" thick plates of 316 stainless.  I love how stainless looks when buffed out and polished, but then....

One of the requirements that I have for the cases is that they are magnetically soft to reduce eddy currents.  The other is that they are essentially non-resonant.  These are essential to the way the BUSSes work.  Every piece that I use in my products has been well thought out, researched and tested to make sure that everything works in harmony (music here, huh?) and is THE BEST part that I can use and still try to make a living.  That is why the only options that I have are the inlets and outlets along with the occasional wood faceplate.  Everything is there for a reason.

I want to thank all of my customers/friends once again.  When I get bummed about business you all are there to help lift me up.  Life is good.

Ya'll are awesome!   :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Dave

SoCalWJS

« Reply #28 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:08 pm »
My UberBUSS has arrived!

Thanks Dave  :thumb:

Plugged in with the front end into it, stereo on with a looping CD. I'll give it a first listen tonight and start getting critical next week.

Cant wait!  :bounce:

:bounce: :bounce:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #29 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:32 pm »
Hey Dave,

That hybrid unit you're making for me needs a name.  It's not a miniBuss or a Buss stop, so how about a Kiosk? Or BussShelter?   :icon_lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #30 on: 18 Oct 2012, 09:53 pm »
Hey Dave,

That hybrid unit you're making for me needs a name.  It's not a miniBuss or a Buss stop, so how about a Kiosk? Or BussShelter?   :icon_lol:

Half-Breed?  :jester:

Details, give us some details of the makings in your FrankenBuss.   :green:

Cheers,
Robin

Scottdazzle

« Reply #31 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:16 pm »
Robin, I should let Dave describe it.  I asked him for the clean power of the miniBuss that I am very impressed with, coupled with some protection.  I'm not sure how he's doing this but I can't wait to try it out!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:30 pm »
My UberBUSS has arrived!

Plugged in with the front end into it, stereo on with a looping CD. I'll give it a first listen tonight and start getting critical next week.

I think you'll be very happy...nothing to not like IME. :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #33 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:30 pm »
Robin, I should let Dave describe it.  I asked him for the clean power of the miniBuss that I am very impressed with, coupled with some protection.  I'm not sure how he's doing this but I can't wait to try it out!

That's a good description of what many have been asking for of late,,,,, clean power & protection Buss.  :thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #34 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm »
My UberBUSS has arrived!

John, it'll sound a tad bright in the upper MR tonight and begin to smooth out in a day or so.  Give it time and you will be very, very happy.   :thumb:

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #35 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm »
I think you'll be very happy...nothing to not like IME. :thumb:
8)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #36 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm »
That's a good description of what many have been asking for of late,,,,, clean power & protection Buss.  :thumb:
Robin, it doesn't have the EMI/RFI core and only a very small PFC network.  It is all I can cram into the box.

Sounds good, though. 

Scott -  I'm just waiting on more coverplates to ship it to Scott.  I guess that I bought them out last time.  They'll be here on Monday.

<><

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:47 pm »
Robin, it doesn't have the EMI/RFI core and only a very small PFC network.  It is all I can cram into the box.
So is it smaller then?  Why would he want that?  I'm just trying to understand the purpose.   :)

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #38 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:53 pm »
So is it smaller then?  Why would he want that?  I'm just trying to understand the purpose.   :)
The purpose:  surge protection and PFC at low cost.  I'm trying to get Scott to the Uber, heh heh.

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 18 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm »
The purpose:  surge protection and PFC at low cost.  I'm trying to get Scott to the Uber, heh heh.

Dave
Oh I see.  Well, if you send him one to try I believe you may not get it back.   :wink: