Interesting article

wisnon

Interesting article
« on: 7 Dec 2015, 04:05 pm »

http://www.stgeorgewest.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/make-mozart-not-nukes-audiophile.html

Make Mozart, Not Nukes!" Pilgrimage To LampizatOr Country

Angelo Agathangelou:Some years ago, whilst searching in an attempt to bridge the gap between my [what I thought was] high end audio system and my Apple computer I came across Lukasz Fikus, an interesting chap who was at the time building himself a reputation as an audio modder. His old site is a testament to his exploits as he took one or other generic unit and fettled it into submission as a hobby and before long as a service for a growing band of appreciative Audio geeks. In my case it was in connection to my old Marantz reference CD player that I lucked upon our resident audio genius. I have never looked back.

My first LampizatOr unit, an early level 4 DAC was the beginning of a journey that more or less turned me into the loony boyfriend of Meg Ryan in 'You've Got Male' and his love affair with a typewriter. Many happy hours of audio heaven followed along with a struggle to find the appropriate partner components to fully exploit that original masterpiece.

Nestled in a new suburb of Warsaw, [let me start with full disclosure] in my opinion, is the beating heart of audio nirvana on our planet today. I just had the privilege of making a pilgrimage to that audiophile Graceland and I will now report the experience for the benefit of our rare breed of audio snob.

I descended into a somewhat overcast Warsaw, but the gloom was soon lifted by every Polish person I met. The super hot babe with whom I had spent the time chatting during the flight posed my first question for Lukasz, "Why do you stay in Poland?" Lukasz responds, "I like to be where I know the language." and it is clear to me during my visit that he adores his people and the community where he has landed with his new LampizatOr HQ.

The main downside he reported was the crazy government who as usual made rules and regulations that only the likes of Siemens with their ability to devote a department for dealing with government red tape could cope, where as "The three hundred entrepreneurs, who give everything for this country." Can barely cope with such paperwork and time wasting as a mere upgrade of parts or the occasional repair cost the company literally thousands tied up. That sort of thing pisses me off! One has to be retarded or a government official not to realise how damaging that must be to the Polish economy.

On the upside, sales this year have popped the cherry of $1,000,000, that is to say, LampizatOr has arrived! If further proof is needed Emission Labs [EML] are working with LampizatOr to produce a bespoke 45 for the company combining three factors that should add up to the most exquisite sound they have yet to produce, well it stands to reason if they're collaborating with Mr Fikus.  

There has never before been an EML Mesh 45 in a balloon enclosure, the downside is a transportation issue due to the absent usual pinch at the top that holds the internal structure and reduces transportation breakages down to 0.01%, the new method is said to result in more like 10% fails, but the upside will be that, the internal structure being suspended and utterly separate from the glass enclosure, there should be less impact from the sound in the room reverberating through the glass and effecting the sound transmitted through the internal structure. The attention to detail in an effort to squeeze that last ounce of audio bliss is extraordinary. The faithful within my circle revere EML valves so this is definitely one of those markers in history that underline the fact that LampizatOr is the very last word in audio excellence.