Custom Dust Cover

Erocka2000

Custom Dust Cover
« on: 16 Mar 2012, 03:51 pm »
So here are few pics I took with my phone camera on my way out the door this morning.  I'm very pleased with the outcome.  It was very affordable and does exactly what it needs to do.  I made the cover a little bit deeper than the plinth itself because I wanted to leave some space between the cover and the tonearm and tonearm wire connection.  For anyone else interested, the measurements I used were 18.75" L x 16.75" D x 4.5" H.  I also opted for the handle cutouts.  Here is where I ordered it from:  http://www.jmkdisplays.com/turntablecovers.html

roscoeiii

Re: Custom Dust Cover
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2012, 04:33 pm »
If you don't mind me asking, what did that run you? Looks great.

Erocka2000

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2012, 05:27 pm »
It was under $200.  I don't want to give a specific number, as different options (i.e. thickness, size, cutouts) and shipping will be different for everyone.

drubin

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2012, 08:43 pm »
Which thickness did you opt for and would you make the same choice again?

vortrex

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2012, 09:29 pm »
I have an official WT dust cover for the Amadeus.  I have not seen it yet, since it hasn't arrived.  Anyone know what it looks like or how much it costs?

Erocka2000

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm »
I went with the 3/16" thickness. I would absolutely do it again.

threadkiller

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2012, 03:26 am »
Looks nice.  I see you went with one that rests on the plinth. I've seen others which encase the whole thing, hence bigger.  The cutout handles are the way to go, whichever design you use.

Didn't know there was an official cover. Where are you getting that from?

I thought the official one was the bad cardboard one included.  Good fire starter.

vortrex

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2012, 03:41 am »
I bought a GTA last week and the seller says it comes with "Brand new never used dustcover made for table and direct from Well Tempered".  He confirmed the dust cover is in its own WT labeled box.

threadkiller

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2012, 04:26 am »
Good move on the GTA. 
The dustcover is aftermarket from somewhere, I'm thinking.
Unless it's something from NZ or England. 

vortrex

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2012, 04:30 am »
we'll see I guess, didn't buy it for the cover anyway.  he says it is factory sealed in a WT box that is the same size box as what the table is in.  the mystery will be solved in a week or so.

threadkiller

« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2012, 04:53 am »
that's good....I'm sure it will be nice....I really haven't seen any yet that I didn't like.  I did mention earlier the cutout handles are great, as well as cut out for the back ( cables, etc).   I'm assuming that the dealer he/she got it from had one made.  Send a photo if you can.
Enjoy that GTA!

vortrex

« Reply #11 on: 31 Oct 2012, 09:42 pm »
I got my dust over today and it is an official WT one it seems.  It's called the "Perspex top cover" and came in a WT box with the same pink foam used for the tables, but specifically cut for the cover.

threadkiller

« Reply #12 on: 31 Oct 2012, 10:01 pm »
Photos, please.....

vortrex

« Reply #13 on: 31 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm »

threadkiller

« Reply #14 on: 31 Oct 2012, 11:47 pm »

Something the resourceful dealer outsourced.

Very nice indeed. Should work splendidly.
Thanks for the photos.

The way I have my Amadeus arranged on the wall shelf precludes a dustcover like that, so I'm envious.

vortrex

« Reply #15 on: 1 Nov 2012, 12:09 am »
what do you mean the dealer outsourced it?  did they outsource having a WT box made for it also?

threadkiller

« Reply #16 on: 1 Nov 2012, 12:13 am »
Yep. 
It looks great.  Enjoy!

vortrex

« Reply #17 on: 1 Nov 2012, 12:27 am »
that seems kind of strange.  I'll email the dealer it came from and see what they say.

threadkiller

« Reply #18 on: 1 Nov 2012, 12:53 am »
I don't quite follow, but okay.
What I've been trying to convey, rather poorly obviously, is that WT does not make or provide an acrylic dustcover.  And I only keep mentioning it so other interested parties aren't confused.
Any WT dealer can furnish one by having one made, to a certain spec, just like all the customers/owners on here have done. Hence your use of "official" is incorrect.  I hope that clarifies it, and we can put that one to bed. 

vortrex

« Reply #19 on: 1 Nov 2012, 01:05 am »
OK, thanks for being the voice of reason in the WT forum.  please note, I said "it seems" to be an official one.  I don't know either, but with the packaging and box it doesn't all add up to me.  I don't care either way as I don't plan on using it.  I emailed the dealer to see what they say.