Tribute to Bachman Turner Overdrive

Mag

Tribute to Bachman Turner Overdrive
« on: 13 Jan 2023, 06:53 pm »
With the passing of Robbie Bachman age 69 I thought I would recommend a Tribute album.
I have this album in my collection though I believe it was an earlier release, this release is missing Hey You.
IMO this was the band's hay day when they were in the zone. I heard them briefly live at our Exhibition many years ago but we didn't stay very long, don't recall the reason.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Tribute to Bachman Turner Overdrive
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2023, 07:32 pm »
+1. Great band many beautiful songs.
One of the best in the 1970s.

Wayner

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2023, 11:26 pm »
Never liked them.

Loki57

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2023, 11:43 pm »

MttBsh

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2023, 02:53 am »
I suspect that most people associate the name BTO with "Taking Care of Business", their only song that gets any airplay, a song that I could never stand.

On the other hand, I saw the band several times back when their first couple of albums came out and they were great in concert, principally because Randy Bachman was a fantastic lead guitarist who would really cut loose live :guitar:. Songs like "Blue Collar" from their first album are really good, featuring Randy's fine jazzy blues playing. Sorry to hear about the loss of his brother Robbie.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2023, 02:58 am »
Not entirely a surprise, Mag will start other topic with a North American band.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2023, 04:48 am by FullRangeMan »

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2023, 04:05 am »
I suspect that most people associate the name BTO with "Taking Care of Business", their only song that gets any airplay, a song that I could never stand.

On the other hand, I saw the band several times back when their first couple of albums came out and they were great in concert, principally because Randy Bachman was a fantastic lead guitarist who would really cut loose live :guitar:. Songs like "Blue Collar" from their first album are really good, featuring Randy's fine jazzy blues playing. Sorry to hear about the loss of his brother Robbie.

Randy has hosted a CBC music show for years, as a veteran member of the scene most of us are familiar with for the last 40 yrs. his contribution is more than the assumed BTO, hack, opportunistic version of ‘70’s rock.
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2023, 05:09 am by whydontumarryit »

Mike B.

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2023, 04:39 am »
I played Not Fragile today. Great rock band and good album.

mr_bill

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jan 2023, 05:14 am »
Loved BTO