Can't find much good sounding 'Rock' music via streaming

Huck

Since I bought my streamer to be used on my main speaker rig,I can't seem to find much good sounding 'Rock' music.I am not talking about musicianship,but the way the track/album is put together.Some streaming albums sound excellent and some sound lifeless and flat,with no stereo seperation or body.
Even albums from the same artist can sound lame,lifeless,but their music playing is excellent and other albums from them sound excellent.Some albums from well know artists who have loads of albums 'out there' already sound pretty bad,at least to me...even big dog artists(at least to me)seem to have no say in what goes out,as far as music quality(not musicianship) is concerned,or maybe they just don't really care....I dunno.
I have Amazon Unlimited and I have access to thousands of tunes and I can tell right off,after maybe listening to the first track of an album for about 30 seconds if the rest of the album is going to sound any good,once again I am not talking musicianship,but the quality of the sound...some artists have a few albums that sound excellent and the next two or three from them are unlistenable.
I listen to music maybe 3 hours a night,every night and have been doing so for a long time,so maybe it's 'all me', in regards to the quality of music that's being 'put out there'?! ...my rant is over!
P.S. I may be a music snob.(my wife say's YUP!).Huck
« Last Edit: 7 Jan 2023, 04:13 pm by Huck »

Mag

Re: Can't find much good sounding 'Rock' music via streaming
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2023, 09:56 pm »
 My Amazon Rock Playlist. You should find something you like. Rush- Exit Stage Left is not a good recording. I have the dvd version and my guess is that it was very heavy on the bass and somehow that didn't translate well to CD.

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2023, 09:59 pm »

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2023, 10:03 pm »

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2023, 10:13 pm »

Mag

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2023, 10:17 pm »

Mag

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2023, 10:21 pm »

Huck

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2023, 02:39 am »
Thanks,Huck

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jan 2023, 02:54 am »
Mag, I love your taste in music and I love your avatar!

If you’re not a fan already, then check out UFO!

jtcf

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jan 2023, 04:06 pm »
I don't have a component dedicated to streaming. I use my tablet plugged into a tube preamp for Amazon Music. Warms it up and takes the unpleasant edge off of poorly recorded music.

Stercom

« Reply #10 on: 7 Jan 2023, 06:51 pm »
Dose by Gov't Mule is a great rock recording and album. Top notch musicians. Crank it up and enjoy!

whydontumarryit

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 8 Jan 2023, 06:02 pm »
https://youtu.be/HZ0jqTov4Ew

Real rock music isn't supposed to sound that way. Fidelity isn't part of the agreement.