RMAF

Louis O

RMAF
« on: 11 Oct 2005, 12:11 am »
Hi,

So sorry about being a bit late with posting about the RMAF.

Many thanks go out to Vinnie and Tom for getting together for the show and Red Rock Audio for making it possible.

Getting adjusted back to sea level really got to me and felt like I was running at 25% last week, but all is well now.

It was great getting together with old friends and seeing new faces. A lot of AC ers made it out to the show and many thanks for stopping by the room. This year was especially good. No headaches and lots of new stuff. Finally learned the Ipod and now know much more about the squeezebox. Vinnie modded SB2s and the ipod really opened up my eyes and ears about these great new sources.

The system was all battery powered and we had a battery Black Cube and battery Eurolab Premier 2. Going battery with the Black Cube adds a smoothness and black background that's amazing.

Due to room size, I couldn't get the 1.5 way hemps to gel in vented mode, but in sealed they were much better. Big bass out of the bottoms and the blend is seamless. I will have more on the site about this and the A8 version. Vinnie took all the pics and we can post them.

The new M5s really fill the room and also have big bass. The only drawback is the lower efficiency (90dB). The H8s and the A8s had pretty much equal time and sounded the best on the 13”(including spikes) Skylan Stands.

The newest news:

Prototype Hemp 4.5 will be in this week. The new baskets are done and now I will spend a lot of time evaluating these in Super 3s cabinets. I was told the new basket would fit the 127E cutout and screw holes. These have much more throw and bass response will be very full. Looks like the efficiency will be around the same as before.

New Super 3s:

The Super 3s will be now available in the new style cabinets and new finishes. No more standards and R version. The new Super 3s will have most of the R mods, composite cabinets, precision flared ports and multi way terminals. I’m splitting the difference in regards to the price and will be $649.00 with any finish.

New Reed wood veneer with matte finish. Beautiful wood grain and cherry color.

Many thanks,
Louis

Bwanagreg

RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2005, 06:49 pm »
Hi Louis,

I'm itching to hear about the new 4.5" hemps. Any preliminary news on how they sound?

maxwalrath

RMAF
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2005, 12:11 am »
same here.

Louis O

RMAF
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2005, 09:57 pm »
Hi Bwanagreg and maxwalrath,

I do have the first prototype and they are still breaking in. They show a lot of promise. They do sound a little shut in right now, but this should change. The speaker has a lot of bass more so than the 127. The top is good too. I need a bit more time on them to open up. I will try another cabinet as well. I have them in front half of the BPCs and will make a Super 3s test box next. SPL is the same and they have a lot more throw. The tone is very similar to the H8s.

The Super 3s will be available now in a Version 2 with new style cabinets and much of the R mods included. I have pix and I will do the updates on the site.

Thanks again,
Louis

Bwanagreg

RMAF
« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2005, 02:40 am »
Thanks for the update Louis.