CDP-8/9

rustydoglim

Re: CDP-8/9
« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2017, 10:44 am »
I am also waiting for the factory to get me some photos.

VintageFlanker

« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2017, 09:34 am »
I saw this today (from the "Son et Image" Show, in Paris)

https://youtu.be/uiNnQN_aPj8

rustydoglim

« Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2017, 08:44 pm »
I just listened to the production CDP-9 for the first time, with the sampling rate converter.  It is very interesting that I can hear the difference with the change of each sampling rate (the highest sampling rate is too smooth for my liking, may be at night during bed time).

Because of this neat feature, we decided to add it to CDT-8.
CDT-8 is the CD transport (but an extremely accurate one) with digital output only, but now you can convert CD to any sampling rate, including DSD 256 (CDP-9 can convert to DSD512).
Of course the original source is still CD format, so if the details is not there in the first place, you are not going to hear more stuff.

giordy60

« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2017, 07:48 pm »
a question: why i2s connection is output?
electronics as the cdp 9 should having input
 :scratch:

rustydoglim

« Reply #24 on: 25 Oct 2017, 02:10 am »
All standard CDP or DAC has digital output such as optical and coaxial.

CDP-9 has a special i2S output for other future NuPrime devices to achieve maximum performance.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #25 on: 30 Oct 2017, 12:35 am »
I just listened to the production CDP-9 for the first time, with the sampling rate converter.  It is very interesting that I can hear the difference with the change of each sampling rate (the highest sampling rate is too smooth for my liking, may be at night during bed time).

Because of this neat feature, we decided to add it to CDT-8.
CDT-8 is the CD transport (but an extremely accurate one) with digital output only, but now you can convert CD to any sampling rate, including DSD 256 (CDP-9 can convert to DSD512).
Of course the original source is still CD format, so if the details is not there in the first place, you are not going to hear more stuff.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yes normally I had the same experience while selecting different samling rates with Cary's players.

Excellent decission it adds a nice playfull or "toyness" characteristic to CDP-8

pawsman

« Reply #26 on: 31 Oct 2017, 11:31 am »
Just got the CDP-9 in yesterday, took it for a spin with some of my Reference CDs last night. Also played some CDs I had pulled out
ahead of time that had grainy, glarey upper midrange/highs to see if the upsampling would alleviate this. In a word, I'm impressed.
I listen almost exclusively to Classical orchestral music and solo piano. With straight PCM (44k, 16 bit, upsampling off) the player sounded
very good; natural extended highs, very good dynamics (I was a little worried with the small outboard power supply; not to worry) and a nice
spacious soundstage. I found that solo piano music sounds best with no upsampling; I prefer the sharper, well defined sound of 44k PCM.
I have the new Tekton Impact Monitors, it's a  good match with the Nuprime and my Class D amplifier. The Remote is aluminum, feels very solid.
More detailed report after it settles in. My next upgrade is the Amplifier; when are the ST-11 Monoblocs due?
BTW, I purchased the CDP-9 from Jay at Audio Revelation, very nice guy to deal with-

pawsman

Tom Davis

« Reply #27 on: 31 Oct 2017, 05:56 pm »
Is there a release date for the CT-8 transport?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

rustydoglim

« Reply #28 on: 31 Oct 2017, 07:20 pm »
pawsman,
Since CDP-9 is new, and we love to get a blog post review (about a page with photo) from you, and will reward you with free gift (streaming receiver WR-100D for example). Just in case some users misunderstand, I want to emphasise that we never claim that up sampling add more info to the music, but it can be interesting and add smoothness to some music, especially at night with low volume. So your quick comment is spot on. 

Tom,
CDT-8 is scheduled for late December. We decided to add the sampling rate converter (SRC) to CDT-8 after having fun with the SRC in CDP-9.

VintageFlanker

« Reply #29 on: 4 Nov 2017, 01:07 pm »
Hum...

The silver CDP-9 doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. I also cannot find any pic of it. Is the silver version already exists or it will be released later? Any picture of this one (or the inside of CDP-9 in general)? :wink:

Thanks.

slash71

« Reply #30 on: 4 Nov 2017, 03:44 pm »
I purchased one unit today (black)   to complete my second sound-pile with STA-9 and HPA-9 (uDSD) .. , hope it arrive @ my home next week.
anyway, I don't have much compact discs (in order a double of hundred)  but upsampling specs  tempted me to recover some old stuff!!!

first pile: Auralic Aries Femto  -- HAND MADE USB CABLE modded with  EMI and ESD filter circuit  --> DAC-10H --> ST-10 --> System Audio Mantra 5 Speakers.
second pile : variable source (*) -- HAND MADE USB CABLE modded with  EMI and ESD filter circuit -- > CDP-9 --> HPA-9 --> STA-9 --> Quad S2 Speakers

(*) the second pile is the system where I do some test with audio data streaming ( simulation and virtualisation)  and  pre-audit my  USB  cables  :) 

in the two systems I also listen music with modded beyerdinamics  'spirit labs' creations  Monoblock  headphones ..

Nuprime is the future of my listen music pleasure   :)

slash71

« Reply #31 on: 4 Nov 2017, 03:56 pm »
.. sorry doubled post. removed!

rustydoglim

« Reply #32 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm »
Hum...

The silver CDP-9 doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. I also cannot find any pic of it. Is the silver version already exists or it will be released later? Any picture of this one (or the inside of CDP-9 in general)? :wink:

Thanks.

YES, silver is in stocks.
When we hired the photographer to take photo for CDP-9 late September, we only have black color. 

rustydoglim

« Reply #33 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:20 pm »
@slash71 - I will love to have you write a blog post (similar to those that we published on the website written by other members here) about your two systems.   You will be rewarded with free gift :)

I think this kind of authentic article is what we need to introduce high-end audio to new generation of consumers. NuPrime is affordable but compete with many other gadgets (who doesn't have a drawer full of smart phones and tablets). With very few high end dealers around, consumers new to this hobby will have to rely on word-of-mouth.

slash71

« Reply #34 on: 6 Nov 2017, 02:57 pm »
@slash71 - I will love to have you write a blog post (similar to those that we published on the website written by other members here) about your two systems.   You will be rewarded with free gift :)

I think this kind of authentic article is what we need to introduce high-end audio to new generation of consumers. NuPrime is affordable but compete with many other gadgets (who doesn't have a drawer full of smart phones and tablets). With very few high end dealers around, consumers new to this hobby will have to rely on word-of-mouth.

ok Rusty, I'll try to describe my two systems in a post ,  and also what bring my decision to follow Nuprime " identity "  8)..

enrico

VintageFlanker

« Reply #35 on: 10 Nov 2017, 04:15 pm »
YES, silver is in stocks.
When we hired the photographer to take photo for CDP-9 late September, we only have black color.

Here he is!

https://www.homecinesolutions.fr/p/17088-nuprime-cdp-9-argent

rustydoglim

« Reply #36 on: 10 Nov 2017, 04:22 pm »
They got the outdated spec.
The highest sampling rate is DSD512 and PCM768 on the production CDP-9.  Oh well, who cares about the extreme sampling rate :)
I will inform distributors to update their spec.

pawsman

« Reply #37 on: 10 Nov 2017, 05:17 pm »
Jason,
I believe Audio Advisor got the maximum upsampling rate incorrect also (384k PCM & 256 DSD) on their site-

pawsman

rustydoglim

« Reply #38 on: 10 Nov 2017, 05:43 pm »
It is our fault, we decided to increase the performance from prototype to production. So everyone got the wrong info. And then they forgot to update  their website.

slash71

« Reply #39 on: 10 Nov 2017, 06:34 pm »

reading technical data sheet to understand  that  384k PCM & 256 DSD are input rates  and 768PCM/512DSD is the upsampling digital output capability.

I'm wrong ?