Nervana. Vagus nerve stimulation. Who wants to go first?

stereocilia

Hopefully somebody reviews these. I've never seen anything like this.

http://experiencenervana.com/technology-vagus-nerve-stimulation/

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: Nervana. Vagus nerve stimulation. Who wants to go first?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2016, 03:15 pm »
So... it's basically a wimpier one of these with earbuds attached:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4UfN-BoCVI

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2016, 05:19 pm »
As a Physician, I would like to see the evidence.  And stimulating the Vagus nerve can cause a person to faint.  It controls part of the Autonomic Nervous System called the Parasympathetic Nervous System.  Stimulation will slow the heart rate and lower the blood pressure among other things.  When people faint at the sight of blood or from being nauseated or straining on the toilet it is because of Vagal stimulation.

FireGuy

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2016, 05:44 pm »
As a Physician, I would like to see the evidence.  And stimulating the Vagus nerve can cause a person to faint.  It controls part of the Autonomic Nervous System called the Parasympathetic Nervous System.  Stimulation will slow the heart rate and lower the blood pressure among other things.  When people faint at the sight of blood or from being nauseated or straining on the toilet it is because of Vagal stimulation.

Well articulated clinical description.    I, for one,  never want to pass out during my DVD or music listening sessions.

stereocilia

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2016, 03:27 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the branch of the Vagus that innervates the ear only reaches the part of the ear canal close to the eardrum. I would think that any electrodes placed optimally for stimulating it could also trigger the cough reflex. You also might stimulate the facial nerve and trigger the stapedial reflex. Maybe that's how this thing actually works, if it does anything.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2016, 10:20 pm »
Sounds to me like I'd fall asleep every time if I wasn't having a seizure or coughing or trying to make my face stop twitching, where is the fun in that.........I'll pass on these until the AC/physicians all and I mean all say they are cool.....LOL!!!!! :duh: :scratch: