Wells Audio Headphone Amps

abernardi

Wells Audio Headphone Amps
« on: 6 Apr 2015, 04:28 am »
I was at CanJam in Costa Mesa last weekend and while I heard some exquisite amps from Alex Cavalli, Schitt, Frank Cooter and Eddie Current, among others, I was completely floored by Jeff Wells' "Headtrip" and "Enigma" headphone amps!  I'm sure his supporting equipment didn't hurt (Lampi DAC and Abyss headphones!), but to my ears these were both clearly superior amps.  Has anyone heard these amps, or have any info about them?

Blu99Zoomer

Re: Wells Audio Headphone Amps
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2015, 04:19 pm »
Hi Abernardi,

The Wells Audio website talks about the Headtrip amp.  The Enigma is coming it says.  The description of the Headtrip makes me salivate.  Nice sound, huh?  I am Jealous!! 

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

yates7592

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2015, 12:48 pm »
Yes, I can confirm Headtrip gives out an amazing sound. Mine is no.0014 and I'm also using it with Lampi and Abyss, a great combo.

jeff@wellsaudio.com

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2015, 08:55 am »
The Enigma is out and selling well. The response has been very favorable. Wells Audio will be exhibiting the Headtrip and the Enigma at the coming Head-Fi show in San Francisco on July 18th.

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2015, 05:55 pm »
Hi Jeff,

I grew up in New England.  I had a cousin who grew up in Redwood City, just south of San Francisco.  It was the time when the Beach Boys, surfing, sunshine, and fast cars became popular.  I was always jealous of his living in the middle of such a happening place.  Silly me I know.  New England is not so bad after seeing the world and growing up.  (He has since moved back here also.  Hehehe.) But now with you exhibiting in July in San Francisco, I am finding myself a bit jealous again...Do you ever exhibit this side of the Mississippi?  Having heard so many good things about your gear, it would nice to audition in person.

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2015, 02:16 pm »
I noticed that the Inner Fidelity website is doing a super headphone/amp review this summer.  Might be nice to see one of these two amps included in that elite discussion...

Best,

Blu99Zoomer

jeff@wellsaudio.com

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 3 Jul 2015, 06:41 am »
   I have offered to provide the Headtrip for the headphone amp comparison but as yet have not received a reply from the magazine. Maybe with a little persuasion they may show interest.

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jul 2015, 05:40 pm »
Mr. Wells,

I wonder how far in advance they have to lock in all the gear to make the review and article and publication fit?  Sounds to me like it would be their loss if they don't take you up on that generous offer.  I know I would. Best of luck.

Best Regards and thanks again Jeff.

Blu99Zoomer

Blu99Zoomer

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2015, 04:16 pm »
Mr. Wells,

Someone got the message it seems."http://headphone.guru/wells-audio-headtrip-headphone-amplifier-jerry-garcia-never-had-a-headtrip-this-good/"  I read the review and would like to hear more.  Nice looking piece of gear!!  You sure you don't have a show coming up in the New York City/Boston area? 

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer