Poll

Would you like to see Ridge Street Audio have a Circle?

Ridge Street Audio Designs Circle...Yes.
22 (75.9%)
Ridge Street Audio Designs Circle...No.
6 (20.7%)
Only if they start carrying Deer Urine.
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: 30 Apr 2004, 09:46 am

Would you like Ridge Street Audio Designs to have a Circle?

Robert C. Schult

Hi all.

It's been suggested to me that Ridge Street Audio Designs would be considered for it's own Circle. What do you think?

Here is the reason I wouldn't mind supporting a Circle; If you feel it would serve you.

I really have no interest in being "legitimized" because we have a Circle. If you would enjoy a place to to be entertained and informed regarding my and Ridge Streets's associates views on this beloved hobby, cabling and other products as they come to market, then I trust a Circle would be benificial to you.

For starters as what you can expect from us, I would commit to a monthly or bi-monthly "News Letter" where myself and possibly Steve and Dean would contribute. Between the three of us, there's at least 65 years of pent up knowledge and experience (and probably some debate between us) :!:

So, chime in one and all and let us know...

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2004, 10:59 am »
Seems like it'd be good to have most of the Ridge Street comments in one centralized place (i.e. its own circle)  so one could click that circle and read about Poiema IC's or whatever.   Using the search engine might work, but seems it'd be much less convenient.

Certainly, you've contributed to the health of AudioCircle with comments on audio in general as well as on your own stuff and deserve a dedicated circle if anyone does.

Now, that deer urine option??  That was a joke right???  Talk about dry humor!!!! :lol:

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2004, 11:04 am »
Now that one I got right off the bat! Thanks for the good laugh Tonto!  :lol: And, Yes, it was a joke!

cjr888

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2004, 11:21 am »
I vote yes on the condition that I receive a 50% off coupon so I can afford a couple sets of interconnects and speakers cables so I can also get the benefits that others are getting out of their systems.  :-)

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2004, 11:28 am »
Well, if I did that, we'd be out of business in short order but...
"I got me a deer and I got me some urine. A big vile of piddle and cakes on the griddle..." maybe some free Deer stuff!

audiojerry

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2004, 01:01 am »
If I hadn't heard early on what Robert is capable of creating, I don't know if I'd be able to take him seriously. His twisted sense of levity is an acquired taste I think, but it would be great entertainment to read Robert and friends' commentaries. I look forward to the Ridge Street Circle coming to pass.

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2004, 01:19 am »
Hey! :guns:  I can be untwisted....mostly. Evidence?... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=9921.msg84064#84064&highlight=#84064

I just don't like to be boring. :lol:

Carlman

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2004, 01:47 am »
Go, Robert!  I don't see RSA having a circle as validation of any sort but rather the product of people who are interested and respect your product and customer service enough to where you now need a circle to manage it.

On a nitpicking note... I'd rather see regular contributions to specific questions more than a generalized newsletter...  but, I'll take any knowledge/info I can get.

I hope the new RSA circle happens soon.

-Carl

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2004, 03:05 am »
Oh no....another circle !! When the heck am I gonna fine time to read all this stuff ?? I 'm up late into the night already ! :lol: And who's asking for a circle now........Robert ! I thought you'd go for a square. :lol:
    Guess in the long run it might be interesting....pretty creative poster that Robert, plus his cable's ain't bad either ! And maybe some new products from his associates....well, bang the drum slowly :drums: . :dance: [/list:u]

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2004, 03:33 am »
I think you've "paid your dues," here, Robert.  I'd be all for it.  With your sense of humor I doubt having enough traffic will be a problem!

BTW, will there at least be half off coupons for the deer urine?

Daniel

« Reply #10 on: 25 Apr 2004, 07:46 pm »
I can't say I would contribute to the circle but I would certainly read it.  Robert's posts are a hoot and I enjoy his perspective.

jasonc

« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2004, 08:55 pm »
Just curious, why say no..  

Robert's a top notch guy who makes very good sounding cables and also happens to provide outstanding customer service to his customers.
Granted peoples interest in cables may come in waves.. however I feel there will always be an interest for those searching for a high quality cable in there system.    

Ridge Street makes some serious hi rez cables and because of that they can indeed make your system harsh.  Someone who may be thinking of Ridge Street cables may learn more about them in a dedicated circle and decide they may not work in their system.  While others may find after trying his cables that they've allowed improvements they could have never imagined in their system.  Robert has a lot a good stuff to say, the man is open with his thoughts and more importantly he will not dull your eyes over with being overly P.C. which I'm sure you've may have already gathered  :lol: .