A Grande 6R user from Hong Kong

Michael

« on: 13 Jul 2005, 07:01 am »
Hi Louis,

Long time no see. Thanks for delivering a pair of Grande 6R and the new tweeters to my friend's corresponding address.

Last week, my friend shipped them together with his own items to Hong Kong and just dropped them in front of my door.  :lol:

Meanwhile, I'm testing my friend's tiny full-range bookself speakers and will place Grande 6R on the stage before long.

To be continued...  :mrgreen:

Louis O

« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2005, 12:47 am »
Hi Michael,

Sounds great and very happy to hear the speakers made it safe and sound.

I do have to let you know about the outboard tweeters. They are great on the Super 3s, but not efficient enough for the Grande 6s. I have to rethink this tweeter.

Thanks again,
Louis

Michael

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2005, 09:33 am »
Hi Louis and friends,

Long time no see!

Omega Grande 6/6R is no longer available and Louis' new products are not Fostex-based, my words on this speaker seems meaningless.   :(  

I just picked up a new SET tube amp. using 5687 with 1W output per channel.

As mentioned, power requirement of Grande 6/6R is as little as 2W.

Would this amp. be capble to drive my Grande 6R well?  :roll:

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2005, 02:04 am »
Hi Michael,

Many thanks for your post and I'm in the process of redoing the line. The super 3s are available and the Grande 6s will be available for a while longer.

Great to hear about your new amp. 1 watt is really tough and they only feedback that I have regarding very low power is the Berning ZOTL. This amp is 1 watt and I have been told the Grande 6s work. How loud, I really don't know.

Thanks again,
Louis

Michael

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2005, 06:27 am »
Fostex drive unit is really hard to run-in.

Although my Grande 6R now sings much better than the first day unpacked, there's still a long way to go.

Recently I got a new friend, who is using a pair of Fostex FE206E assembled into his custom-made horn cabinet driven by a DIY 45 SET.

The speakers sang smoothly during my visit. He told me that he has spent almost a year to run-in.  :o