Folsom

BG 8 horn
« on: 27 Mar 2019, 10:43 pm »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: BG 8 horn
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2019, 12:09 am »
That is interesting.

Danny, I might build a test pair and send your way if it was something you wanted to spend some time/effort with.

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2019, 04:23 pm »
A guy might have to build a dozen of them to get the response right. What it does in the throat will be very critical. What he modeled is not going to be what the response really looks like when you actually measure it.

And then if you align it to the voice coil of the woofer, so that it isn't a full or half of a wavelength behind the woofer, how do you mount them?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2019, 04:59 pm »
Why put it in a horn at all?  The driver is already quite efficient.  For controlled directivity?  And I think it'd be a step down in an OB setup.  One of the very good (and very rare) things about the Neo drivers is they have the exact same radiation pattern forwards and backwards, making them ideal for OB speakers. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2019, 05:02 pm »
Why put it in a horn at all?  The driver is already quite efficient.  For controlled directivity?  And I think it'd be a step down in an OB setup.  One of the very good (and very rare) things about the Neo drivers is they have the exact same radiation pattern forwards and backwards, making them ideal for OB speakers.

Oh yeah, open baffle is where they really shine.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2019, 10:23 pm »