NOH Instructions

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
NOH Instructions
« on: 30 Oct 2003, 02:06 am »
Hello!

Just a quick heads up that I have posted the new kit assembly instructions for the NOH pre-amp on the downloads page at my site. Soon I will update the pics and the drawing files..... The schematics are exactly the same for the NOH so they can be used as is.

Thansk!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

JoshK

NOH Instructions
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2003, 04:22 pm »
I must say John, very nice looking case!  Much better IMO than the previous one, although it wasn't awful.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
NOH Instructions
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2003, 06:53 pm »
Hello!

The first case was functional and not too bad I did not think. It was desinged very quickly when we first found the need for a kit just after the tx102's were released. Still have a bunch around if anyone likes them better - :) Saw it described as "Ugly" one day in a post online and the gauntlet was thrown down!

The new case is a bit easier build - particularly the remote install. The remote was kinda patched in after the fact on the old case making for a bit of work to install it. New case is easy and quick to install the remote.

Thanks!

John

gonefishin

NOH Instructions
« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2003, 10:12 pm »
well...well.  we'll just have to see how them instrctions are ;)

hehe

just wanted to let you know that I got a box from Surrey, B.C. today :D

I'm not sure when I'll get the time to start it...heck, if I wasn't watchin' the little one right nopw I would have already started!  

hey...why didn't I get a power cord with mine  :lol:

thanks....

John Chapman

• Facilitator
NOH Instructions
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2003, 12:51 am »
Hello!

Glad it arrived! I have had folks seriously wanting me to put IEC power cords on the unit so they could swap and try preformance cords for remote control!

Have fun getting into it and don't rush too much - especially the tx102 to switch wiring. Set asside a build session just for that.

Keep me posted!

Many Thansk!

John

gonefishin

NOH Instructions
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2003, 05:00 am »
Hmmm...are you serious on the remote thing?  no, no...don't answer that  :?

I'm still not sure which kit I'm going to start first (the foreplay or the NOH) but I will take my time with both.  Actually, I may start the foreplay first...and it will probably take me a good while.  I'm building a custom box for it :)  Which wouldn't be a problem if I had some idea of what I wanted it to look like??? I may be narrowing things down a bit tho...I went to the wood store today and picked up some samples.   think it may be made with Cocabola, ebony and birdseye maple.  Don't know yet.  Should be fun tho!

I can't wait to start your NH tho...so I may just jump back and forth from project to project...even tho I hate doing that.

thanks again!

gonefishin

NOH Instructions
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2003, 03:52 am »
Ok...that wait didn't last too long.  I decided to bring the NOH to work...I'm done!  I'm done!

well, kinda...like I said...I'm at work...so I can't go hook it up :(

Any way...everything went together fairly smooth.  The only problems I had was at the beginning.  I downloaded the written instructions...and the pictures of the "old style" NOH preamp.  Well, as sson as I got to the selector switch...I was looking at the instructions and thought...man...I need either a schematic or a wiring diagram.  I was starting to get some measurements to see what position went with what pin...when I thought...hey!  I'll make sure there wasn't anything else on line!!!  There was (of course!...I just missed it.   :? )  The second time was when I realised I downloaded the wrong wiring diagram.

All in all...with exception to the two mistakes I made...everything went well!

can't wait to hook it up!

John...are the knobs coming soon?   :)

thanks

John Chapman

• Facilitator
NOH Instructions
« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2003, 10:36 pm »
Hello!

Knobs are to be done any day now. I'll send them the first of next week.  'Gonefish'n'  won't likely see this message as he'd PM'd me that he'd finished the pre-amp and it worked first try. Congrats..... He's busy listenning now.....

Thanks!

John

gonefishin

NOH Instructions
« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2003, 10:16 pm »
Hi guys!  Ok...the preamp has been done (and works), which is part of the reason I haven't given an update.  I've been listening to music!!!  Well, that and watching my one year old ;)  between the two...I haven't much free time :)

The NOH really sounds great...clean, quiet, lively, dynamic, soft and just plain nice!  This piece is defiantly a keeper!

Construction of the NOH went well.  Just make sure you download all the appropriate stuff (like the written instructions, wiring diagram and schematic)...and you'll be set.

thanks John