Pictures from CES (T.H.E. Show) at Chateau/Empirical room

audioengr

Empirical partnered with Chateau Research, who featured their Elite Reference speakers and their very fast, powerful digital amp and preamp (not class-D) with our wires.  We used 15-foot unshielded Holophonic-PC IC's from the CDP to the Pre - no noise either, and 15-foot speaker cables.  Some difficulties with break-in etc. prevented us from having a great sound initially, but by the 4th day, things were sounding awesome IMO.  We gave away a number of DIY kits to DIYers and a free pair of Holophonic-PC's with silver Bullet-Plugs.  Here is my wife and I in the room during early set-up phase (the little silver boxes on the left rack are the 500W/channel digital amp, pwr supply and preamp):

Here is our partner from Chateau Research, Ming Chen:

Here is Steve Nugent of Empirical Audio (audioengr) caught off-guard by his wife:

Here is a motly group consisting of Randy Bankert of O.S. Services, Dave and Graeme of Audion and George and Kara of deHavilland (and of course me and my lovely wife).  After 6:00 the party begins....:

Dinner out with the Audion folks at the splendid Mandalay Bay Buffet:

Incredible New York, New York nightlights from the front of the San Remo Hotel:

My wife won a free ticket to the Seigfried and Roy magic and white tiger show that last night, but we could not use it, so our room service guy got a great tip.  Wish I had pictures of Crumps beer and pizza party - what a hoot - oh well, too much fun to be taking pictures....

calsaint

« Reply #1 on: 18 Jan 2003, 10:54 pm »
great pictures Steve! Looks like you had quite the blast.
mmmm .. DIY kits. My heart skipped a beat. Dang that would be sweet.

audioengr

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jan 2003, 11:11 pm »
Calsaint - the funny thing is that just as we were packing for CES, we all of a sudden got 3 orders for kits.  We had to refuse them be cause we promised to give some away at the show.  

Also had a chance to play "cable doctor" for a company called Margules Audio out of Mexico City at the Alexis Park - really nice folks, but thats another story....

calsaint

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2003, 01:41 am »
I like that signature line of yours.
My cables are the DIY Chris VH silver ICs (w/Eichmanns) and some Cardas 31ga magnet wire single runs for speakers. My Bottlehead gear seems to like the thin stuff.
Thanks for all of your posts on the various boards. Good reading. Good luck.