CDT-10

rustydoglim

Re: CDT-10
« Reply #20 on: 29 Mar 2019, 07:52 am »
CDT-10 can only ship mid May.  Unfortunately the firmware takes more time to change and debug.
What's the difference between CDT-10 and CDT-8 ?
1. There are more mechanical enhancement for long term reliability as well as aesthetic.
2. Power related circuit has been upgraded, mainly to further reduce noise.
3. Improved remote control for track selection.

Our recommendation:
1. If you are in the market to purchase JUST a CDT to go with your existing system, CDT-8 offers the better value for money. The performance of CDT-8 is very close to CDT-10.
2. But if you are looking for a highly resolved and exceptional system, then go for the whole 10 series.

CDT-10 is likely to cost at least $1495.  Actually at this price for its performance it is exceptional.  It is only because CDT-8 makes it look "expensive".  High-end audio is no longer expensive compare to other cash draining devices and hobbies. I have drawer full of tablets, phones and useless gadgets. My online gaming pals drop a few hundred $ in a week (it took me 2 years to get to level 78 on War Commander Rogue Assault  :duh:).

Eisener Bart

« Reply #21 on: 31 Mar 2019, 11:24 am »
CDT-10 can only ship mid May.  Unfortunately the firmware takes more time to change and debug.
What's the difference between CDT-10 and CDT-8 ?
1. There are more mechanical enhancement for long term reliability as well as aesthetic.
2. Power related circuit has been upgraded, mainly to further reduce noise.
3. Improved remote control for track selection.

Our recommendation:
1. If you are in the market to purchase JUST a CDT to go with your existing system, CDT-8 offers the better value for money. The performance of CDT-8 is very close to CDT-10.
2. But if you are looking for a highly resolved and exceptional system, then go for the whole 10 series.

CDT-10 is likely to cost at least $1495.  Actually at this price for its performance it is exceptional.  It is only because CDT-8 makes it look "expensive".  High-end audio is no longer expensive compare to other cash draining devices and hobbies. I have drawer full of tablets, phones and useless gadgets. My online gaming pals drop a few hundred $ in a week (it took me 2 years to get to level 78 on War Commander Rogue Assault  :duh:).

Question: what is CD drive inside of CDT-10?

rustydoglim

« Reply #22 on: 1 Apr 2019, 06:36 pm »
Exactly the same as CDT-8.

Eisener Bart

« Reply #23 on: 4 Apr 2019, 06:02 pm »
Exactly the same as CDT-8.

Sorry, I didn't find what is inside of 8 Pro Transport.

Samoyed

« Reply #24 on: 4 Apr 2019, 09:09 pm »
Well, at first it was believed to be a Phillips transport, but, apparently, it is just driven by a Phillips chip. I’d like to know what transport is in my cdt 8 pro, too. 😿

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #25 on: 5 Apr 2019, 04:59 am »
Well, even more than knowing the manufacturer of the transport one very interesting thing about it is that NuPrime transports play discs in CAV constant angular velocity mode, if I understood right this "transport’s single speed", as opposite of CLV constant linear velocity. I remember that in teh old days, with Laserdisc the best image and sound came from those disc to be played in CAV mode, really I am waiting dearly for CDT-10

Samoyed

« Reply #26 on: 5 Apr 2019, 11:46 am »
Well, I can tell you my 8 is a little jewel, but since I bought an Innuos network streamer, which incorporates a cd transport, I seldom use it.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #27 on: 5 Apr 2019, 01:27 pm »
Gave up on my interest in the CDT-8 Pro after procuring a fully loaded Mac Mini.

Curious Samoyed, what is your DAC?  I have a PS Audio DirectStream Junior and was planning on using the I2S feature of the CDT-8 Pro, which I understand would give superlative performance.  But didn't want both CDT and server and was never sure I wanted to sacrifice convenience, access to web based music, and access to hi-res music to go with the CDT.  The attraction of the CDT was getting out from under all the computer confusion/hassles (which I'm still suffering from and probably will the rest of my life). 

Samoyed

« Reply #28 on: 5 Apr 2019, 03:23 pm »
Evolution DAC: lovely sound. I’m all digital now, and my Innuous music server sounds great through the DAC.

My evolution began making some odd noises over time. Other than the odd noise, which Nuprime claims is solely related to user error, or turn on, off sequence, I love it. I use 12s to connect the 8.

rustydoglim

« Reply #29 on: 5 Apr 2019, 10:37 pm »
I checked with our chief engineer about turn on noise regarding Evo DAC (or any other model). Recently we have one case with a customer's IDA-16, also during power on.
During the split second of power on, as hundreds of parts are being supplied with power (that goes from 0 to its operating voltage), this behavior is hard to determine, and might change slightly over time. Typically it is due to slight DC offset on the output during this split second. For power amp we typically add relay, but not on Evo DAC.
This is not an user error (If I have ever implied, it was my mistake in communication).  A small turn on noise is an expected  behavioir and will not affect performance or speaker. Obviously if it is a loud pop, that will be a problem. 

Samoyed

« Reply #30 on: 5 Apr 2019, 10:39 pm »
Mine goes POP and WHOOSH, not pop.  :nono:

sresener

« Reply #31 on: 6 Apr 2019, 01:26 am »
I'll have my Evo dac by the end of next week. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything similar. How long did it take your Evo dac to break in?

JackD

« Reply #32 on: 6 Apr 2019, 01:31 am »
If you turn your DAC on and off buy the remote or front switch with the amp powered up you will hear the pop as I do with the DAC-10.  The other noise may be amp dependent.  Just leave the DAC fully powered up all the time.

redskinsfan

« Reply #33 on: 7 Apr 2019, 01:40 am »
Gave up on my interest in the CDT-8 Pro after procuring a fully loaded Mac Mini.

Curious Samoyed, what is your DAC?  I have a PS Audio DirectStream Junior and was planning on using the I2S feature of the CDT-8 Pro, which I understand would give superlative performance.  But didn't want both CDT and server and was never sure I wanted to sacrifice convenience, access to web based music, and access to hi-res music to go with the CDT.  The attraction of the CDT was getting out from under all the computer confusion/hassles (which I'm still suffering from and probably will the rest of my life).

JLM, my understanding is that the Nuprime I2S is compatible with Nuprime products only, having previously inquired about I2S compatibility between PS Audio Memory Player and Nuprime Evo DAC.

JackD

« Reply #34 on: 7 Apr 2019, 02:02 am »
The Nuprime I2S is compatible with the PSA standard as I'm doing it as are several others on the PSA forum. Also applies to W4S DAC's. Both companies provide their I2S wiring diagrams on their websites.

rustydoglim

« Reply #35 on: 7 Apr 2019, 10:45 am »
Since i2s over HDMI port is not an industry standard, so we can not officially state that we support other brands.
It is up to users to compare the i2s as published on our website. 
Please make sure they are exactly the same when comparing the spec with another brand. If you find just 1 pin with different spec out of all the pins, you can't gamble that it will work.

qwin

« Reply #36 on: 14 Aug 2019, 07:51 am »
Any news on availability of CDT-10 ?

rustydoglim

« Reply #37 on: 16 Aug 2019, 10:30 pm »
Mid September.

qwin

« Reply #38 on: 19 Aug 2019, 04:33 pm »
Thanks  :)

rjclaster

« Reply #39 on: 17 Sep 2019, 06:29 pm »
Rusty,
It is mid-September and the CDT10s are still not available.  Do you have a new date?