Dave in Cabo San Lucas

Chrisandalex1

Dave in Cabo San Lucas
« on: 19 Mar 2015, 03:41 am »
I am very stoked right now.  I have a complete set of cables from Dave sitting on my coffee table ready for the new system. 

Dave however is sitting in a really comfy chair with a plate that has a pretty extensive selection of traditional Mexican candies. 

He looks content.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Dave in Cabo San Lucas
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2015, 03:54 am »
Pictures or it didn't happen! :lol:

Congratulations. You're going to have a seriously good system soon.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2015, 04:00 am »

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2015, 04:02 am »
I know you really meant cables, but I couldn't help it.

I'll take some of those tomorrow with the light.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2015, 04:15 am »
Hahaha! I'm sure there are plenty of folks on AC who have met Dave before, but I've only 'met' him here and in emails. You could have posted your brother-in-law's photo, and I wouldn't know it.  :lol:

Thanks, tho. I'm going to audition some of Dave's RCA interconnects and maybe a PC very soon. I'm looking forward to it.

Michael

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2015, 02:38 pm »
Congrats on the ZenWave cables!

Dave- if that's really you in the pic, I expected for someone who braids wire for hours on end for you to be a little more "heavy set"...but you look like you just got thru doing yoga on the beach!  :D

Michael-I'm not sure if there is just an "audition" for Dave's cables. I started out like you but ended up having a full loom of ZenWave speaker/interconnect/power cables. I noticed a pleasant difference along the way and am glad I made the decision to upgrade all my cables.

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2015, 03:04 pm »

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2015, 03:15 pm »

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2015, 04:38 pm »
Congrats on the ZenWave cables!

Dave- if that's really you in the pic, I expected for someone who braids wire for hours on end for you to be a little more "heavy set"...but you look like you just got thru doing yoga on the beach!  :D

Yup, that's me! Chris is sneaky, I did not see him take that pic  :lol:

I try to stay in shape and do yoga, lift weights and mountain bike regularly... getting older sucks, it takes way more work to stay in shape. I do spend many hours braiding wire but I'm going to hire some help for that, its keeping me from making progress on other projects.

Cabo is a really cool place, I can see why its one of the world's top vacation spots. Not a bad place to live either... Its more mountainous than I though it would be, so you get beaches and mountains in the same place which is awesome. Colorado is great except for the winters, I used to be big into skiing and snowboarding but I've gotten bored of it and now I appreciate the cold and snow a lot less than I used to. Unfortunately, shipping cables from Cabo would be an issue.  :green:

Nick B

« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2015, 04:42 pm »
I auditioned Dave's cables including the jumpers and they are excellent  :thumb:

beowulf

« Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2015, 11:53 pm »
Can you tell us the cables and/components in the pictures? :thumb:

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:19 am »
The Speaker Cables are SMC-12 with Furutech CF connectors
The Power Cables are PL-11 and PL-14 with Furutech FI-50 connectors
The Inter-connectors are D4's with WBT 0102 RCA plugs and D3's with Furutech FP-101 connectors
HDMI Cables are the FUrutech N1's
Speaker Jumpers are the SMC-15 with Furutech FT connectors
The Component in the Pic is Dave's new SEQ Power Conditioner - Fully loaded

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #12 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:28 am »
Nice Chris! I think it really makes a big difference when you can have a full loom of the same wire/material like that which Dave uses, which is top notch.

Curious as to what speakers you're using now while waiting for the Perfect Storm?

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #13 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:35 am »
I decided not to go with the Perfect Storms. 

For right now, I will be using the VR4jr mk-IV's, Visiun Center, 2 Shockwave V-10 subs and TS-150 rears.

I am ordering a pair of VR-55's though.  I anticipate getting them around August.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:40 am »

For right now, I will be using the VR4jr mk-IV's, Visiun Center, 2 Shockwave V-10 subs and TS-150 rears.

I am ordering a pair of VR-55's though.  I anticipate getting them around August.

Wow! Well congrats on the VR-55's!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:40 am »
OH, really?  Why not?

Chrisandalex1

« Reply #16 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:58 am »
After all was said and done, I set up the system to work well with the VS speakers, and I think the VR-55's are amongst the best out there. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 20 Mar 2015, 12:59 am »
After all was said and done, I set up the system to work well with the VS speakers, and I think the VR-55's are amongst the best out there.
Gotcha.  You should also get them quicker; right?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #18 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:17 am »
Hey Dave/Chris...do the white bands on the WBT connectors come with them or did you add them on? I'm assuming they're a type of damper...

DaveC113

• Facilitator
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #19 on: 20 Mar 2015, 01:52 am »
Hey Dave/Chris...do the white bands on the WBT connectors come with them or did you add them on? I'm assuming they're a type of damper...

Yup, they are for damping, I also add some material to the threads on the locking barrel. Since I tried this I've noticed some others doing some mods to the WBT RCAs as well, EnKlein is one if I remember right. I've suggested WBT incorporate something like this into their design, it makes a difference. I like the WBTs best for RCA plugs but Furutech is on top of the damping thing with their carbon fiber/stainless steel bodied connectors, those are my favorites for anything but RCA plugs.