7B SST auto power up

RonCH

7B SST auto power up
« on: 11 Sep 2008, 08:55 am »
I been told that the 7B SST can go from standby to power up automatically when you start playing music through it.  The guy telling me wasn't talking using an external control voltage, just playing music through the amp.  Then he said that when you leave the amp idle for some time it'll go back to standby. There's no reference to anything like this in the manual. Is this possible? What could be be talking about?

john1970

Re: 7B SST auto power up
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2008, 10:01 am »
It is my understanding that Bryston preamps have a remote trigger and activates when you turn on the preamp.  I am not aware of automatic start up when you start playing music.  My 4B SST (the stereo version of the 7B SST) only has a remote trigger inputs and outputs.  I've left my 4B SST on over the weekened and it never turns off (i.e. the lights are always green). 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2008, 10:54 am »
I been told that the 7B SST can go from standby to power up automatically when you start playing music through it.  The guy telling me wasn't talking using an external control voltage, just playing music through the amp.  Then he said that when you leave the amp idle for some time it'll go back to standby. There's no reference to anything like this in the manual. Is this possible? What could be be talking about?

Hi Ron,

John is correct -- there is a 12 volt trigger but no 'signal sensing' circuit.

james

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2008, 12:13 pm »
It is my understanding that Bryston preamps have a remote trigger and activates when you turn on the preamp.  I am not aware of automatic start up when you start playing music.  My 4B SST (the stereo version of the 7B SST) only has a remote trigger inputs and outputs.  I've left my 4B SST on over the weekened and it never turns off (i.e. the lights are always green). 

...the 4bsst is the stereo version of the 6bsst as far as i know :wink:

regards,

alex

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2008, 02:31 pm »

...the 4bsst is the stereo version of the 6bsst as far as i know :wink:

regards,

alex

Hi Alex,

Actually it is the other way around - the 6B is the 3 -channel version of the 4B :lol:

james

alexone

« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2008, 06:06 pm »

hi, James!

ok. didn't know that. is there a (technical) difference?

alex.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2008, 06:09 pm »

hi, James!

ok. didn't know that. is there a (technical) difference?

alex.

Not really - I was just being a smart ASS

james

alexone

« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2008, 06:10 pm »
 :thumb: