My first full range speaker pair

Whitese

My first full range speaker pair
« on: 22 Apr 2018, 01:30 pm »
Coral Flat 10A....not the ideal cabs, but will do for now.. :thumb:

JakeJ

Re: My first full range speaker pair
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2018, 01:03 am »
More info please!  Those are some cool old Coral drivers.  What size are they?  And what is the amp/preamp combo?  In the preamp it appears you are running some tube other than the original as I see socket adapters.  :drool:

Do you plan to put the drivers in a different cabinet...or perhaps OB?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2018, 01:29 am »
Wow congratulations Whitese,
look forward your sound impressions,
Coral are coveted FR by audiophiles,
a real audiophile room :D
http://www.glowinthedarkaudio.com/coralholey.html

Whitese

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2018, 01:48 am »
More info please!  Those are some cool old Coral drivers.  What size are they?  And what is the amp/preamp combo?  In the preamp it appears you are running some tube other than the original as I see socket adapters.  :drool:

Do you plan to put the drivers in a different cabinet...or perhaps OB?

Thanks amp is a Tube Audio Lab built 2A3 with 6C6 drivers...the preamp is a Dignity Audio Pm201 upgraded with Obbligatos and Mundorfs..running with 7N7's or 6SN7.

Drivers are Coral Flat 10A.  I couldn't afford the Beta 10s.  OB cabs maybe in the future.

fredgarvin

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2018, 04:49 pm »
Thanks amp is a Tube Audio Lab built 2A3 with 6C6 drivers...the preamp is a Dignity Audio Pm201 upgraded with Obbligatos and Mundorfs..running with 7N7's or 6SN7.

Drivers are Coral Flat 10A.  I couldn't afford the Beta 10s.  OB cabs maybe in the future.

I've already commented on these elsewhere, but I love those and bet they sound great with those tubes.

Whitese

« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2018, 01:07 am »
The midrange weight is excellent...I am truly enjoying acoustic music with these Corals...