Hope this is a good place to talk about some good retro stuff. Nice to meet you!

sshanky

Hi everyone!

I was searching around for a community that would know about some of the older stuff I still have, some of which was my father's, and found this forum because there's a post about the primary item I was wondering what to do with -- an Onkyo TX-DS939. My brother wants to donate it to a thrift shop or try to garage sale it, but I am sure it has more intrinsic value either monetarily or as a sweet power amplifier (it's so big and heavy and was so expensive new). I also have a pair of JBL L7 speakers I think I'll keep because they sound so good.

Do you recommend a particular forum here to discuss this? I also posted in the TX-DS939 thread but that's so specific. As I said there, I want to find them a good home so they won't get dumped into a landfill or lost at a garage sale. I am sure there are people interested in these, just can't figure out how to find them!

Thanks

Phil A

Welcome to AC!  There are places to sell used equipment such as here (you might need 3 posts to do that), US Audio Mart, Audiogon, Craigslist, etc.  I still use an old Onkyo 1008 in my bedroom system, which also powers my outdoor speakers.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Welcome SShanky :thumb:

sshanky

Thanks, Phil. Those are good suggestions. Do you mean I might need to post at least 3 before I am allowed to sell, or that I might need to post the ad in three different places?
Thanks

sshanky

Nice to meet you too, FullRangeMan.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Thanks, Phil. Those are good suggestions. Do you mean I might need to post at least 3 before I am allowed to sell, or that I might need to post the ad in three different places?
Thanks
Please post sales ads only in the Trading Circle after read the rules.