Khartago & Aerial Acoustics

DeeCee

Khartago & Aerial Acoustics
« on: 13 Apr 2020, 05:29 pm »
Anybody running Odyssey Khartagos on Aerial Acoustic speakers? Specifically, I own Aerial Acoustic Model 7 speakers and would like a note on how well they may possibly mate.

Any comparison to previous amplification would be appreciated as well.

Thanks & Happy Listening!
DeeCee
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2020, 06:45 pm by DeeCee »

DeeCee

Re: Khartago & Aerial Acoustics
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2020, 04:06 pm »
Nobody? Really? Well, I guess it will be me. I placed an order with Klaus this week. Hopefully, will have a first impression and then a broken in description after I receive it.

- DeeCee
« Last Edit: 24 May 2020, 02:28 am by DeeCee »

DeeCee

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2020, 03:26 am »
Well, got my new amp today and naturally I fired it up using my well aged audition CD:

Shirley Horn - The Music That Makes Me Dance
Rebecca Pidgeon - Spanish Harlem
Michael Franks - Dragonfly Summer
Dianne Reeves - Never Too Far
Fourplay - 101 Eastbound
Steely Dan - Jack of Speed
Grace Jones- Don't Cry - It's Only The Rhythm
Larry Carlton & Lee Ritenour - Take That
Herbie Hancock - Butterfly
Lee Ritenour - Boss City
Dave Brubeck - Take Five
Miles Davis - So What
Buddy Guy - Sweet Black Angel (Black Angel Blues)
Cassandra Wilson - A Little Warm Death

After a sampling of the above, NOW I get the rave reviews! With little time on the amp, it was obviously quieter: inky black in the background. Bass was phenomenally deep without exaggeration. Don’t get me started on the midrange: so natural you forget about the system and just listen to the music.

Highs are expectedly crispy as burn-in progresses; I understand this will take time - also soundstaging will undoubtedly improve.

Out of the box, I have to say, “Killer job Klaus!”

Only 2 minor flaws: 1. the power light fails to light. 2.  Misspelling of my name. (Oops!)

Highly recommended!

I expect even better performance with more hours on it.

- DeeCee
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2020, 01:23 am by DeeCee »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2020, 04:23 am »
Hey DeeCee,

Glad you like it already........as for the LED,   it might have fallen out of the grommet...very sinple,  open up the top cover, (which you should do anyway to look under the hood with those beautiful SL caps !!!!) and plug the led cable back into the grommet itself...done.  As for the name plate,  I did engrave DeeCee,  didn't I ????

DeeCee

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2020, 04:35 am »
Hey DeeCee,

Glad you like it already........as for the LED,   it might have fallen out of the grommet...very sinple,  open up the top cover, (which you should do anyway to look under the hood with those beautiful SL caps !!!!) and plug the led cable back into the grommet itself...done.  As for the name plate,  I did engrave DeeCee,  didn't I ????
Well, it actually looks like “DeeZee” but I’ll take another look... maybe it’s your akzent???  :)

Gonna spelunk on the inside tomorrow - well, after a little more listening...  :)

It sounds superb!

And thanks for the dark chocolate!

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2020, 07:38 am »
Crap...I might have put a Z in there...I'll make you another one

DeeCee

« Reply #6 on: 1 Aug 2020, 12:29 am »
Well, it actually looks like “DeeZee” but I’ll take another look... maybe it’s your akzent???  :)

Gonna spelunk on the inside tomorrow - well, after a little more listening...  :)

It sounds superb!

And thanks for the dark chocolate!
Well, this is a little weird... I dug into the amp and found that the LED wires and grommet were in place and soldered properly. It's just that the LED is just... GONE. I peeked through the hole and could see through the amp. It's like the LED itself is plain gone!

The amp itself works fine. I tried looking through the amp and packaging but found nothing... go figure.

DeeCee

JCarney

« Reply #7 on: 1 Aug 2020, 12:44 am »
Congrats DeeCee. How many hours do you have on them? If less then 200 or so, you have more pleasant surprises ahead of you. Klaus makes good stuff, and backs it. I had glass ceiling mono's for more than 5 years before I downsized my life and went with a smaller system. Klaus' gear is built for the long haul, so imho you made a rock solid choice for many, many years of enjoyment.

Enjoy,
JCarney

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #8 on: 1 Aug 2020, 01:05 am »
?????????????????????????????????   Damn.........Don,  call me !!!!!!!!!!

DeeCee

« Reply #9 on: 1 Aug 2020, 01:07 am »
Congrats DeeCee. How many hours do you have on them? If less then 200 or so, you have more pleasant surprises ahead of you. Klaus makes good stuff, and backs it. I had glass ceiling mono's for more than 5 years before I downsized my life and went with a smaller system. Klaus' gear is built for the long haul, so imho you made a rock solid choice for many, many years of enjoyment.

Enjoy,
JCarney

Thanks! Definitely less than 200 hours and they've already smoothed out from initial play. Looking forward to more improvements as they burn in!

- DeeCee

DeeCee

« Reply #10 on: 1 Aug 2020, 01:25 am »
?????????????????????????????????   Damn.........Don,  call me !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Klaus!

DeeCee

JCarney

« Reply #11 on: 1 Aug 2020, 02:11 am »
They are not done yet then. Enjoy the process, it is fun. One of my amps had an led issue as well. The led was there, just not working. I didn't care, so I never had it fixed. Klaus offered though. When the upgrade bug hits again all you will have to do is give Klaus a call. Dude is always trying to improve.

Have fun,
JCarney

DeeCee

« Reply #12 on: 1 Aug 2020, 11:49 pm »
They are not done yet then. Enjoy the process, it is fun. One of my amps had an led issue as well. The led was there, just not working. I didn't care, so I never had it fixed. Klaus offered though. When the upgrade bug hits again all you will have to do is give Klaus a call. Dude is always trying to improve.

Have fun,
JCarney
Klaus is sending me a LED, so I’ll just get a soldering iron and go to town when it arrives; I can live without a pilot light. My gear has always been high bang per buck and modular, so if that lottery comes through , I know that I can upgrade.

Looking forward to continued great tunes!

- DeeCee

DeeCee

« Reply #13 on: 24 Aug 2020, 07:53 pm »
Klaus is sending me a LED, so I’ll just get a soldering iron and go to town when it arrives; I can live without a pilot light. My gear has always been high bang per buck and modular, so if that lottery comes through , I know that I can upgrade.

Looking forward to continued great tunes!

- DeeCee
Just received your little “care package.” Thanks, I appreciate it! Haven’t played with hardware in ages, should be fun. After practice and I do the install, I’ll update here (if I can tear myself away from listening.)

Again, thanks for your phenomenal service!

DeeCee

DeeCee

« Reply #14 on: 18 Sep 2020, 01:13 am »
Wifey got a phone call from an old friend, so now was my opportunity to get loud (sorta) and funky with some well produced Patrice Rushen...

MAN! The sound stage just jumped ten-fold in quality; it’s been a while since I was able to sit and listen (life gets in the way sometimes) but, hey gonna listen more tonight (hopefully.)

Happy Listening!
DeeCee