San Francisco Audiophile Society Event with Albert Von Schweikert

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio
Hi everyone - this past Saturday I was thrilled to host an SFAS (San Francisco Audiophile Society) event at my house and have Albert there to present his VR-55 speakers to the local club members.

Albert gave a great presentation covering his design goals for the VR-55 and even wrote up an 8 page handout describing his approach to speaker design. Then of course, we listened to some music  :duh:

The system was firing on all cylinders and we got lots of great feedback from the attendees - "I can honestly say this is the most well rounded, accurate, emotion inducing and involving system I have ever had the pleasure of listening to."

Albert arrived the day before the event so I got to spend some quality time with him and Alon Sagee (president of SFAS), playing some vinyl and talking tech - what a thrill for me as I've been a big fan of Albert for many years :D

Even Albert was impressed with the sound of my system as he hasn't had the opportunity to hear the VR-55s in a proper room and with an analog front end  :thumb:

Albert also conveyed some upcoming awards and reviews so I'm looking forward to seeing these when they are published - Albert deserves a lot of credit for advancing the state of the art in speaker design and it is good to see he's finally getting some good press for it  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers, Joe

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
This is awesome news Joe!!  Looks like you had an attentive group!  I'm always thrilled to see and hear Albert blow is own horn!  Most times, he just lets his speakers do the talkin!  But he's a powerful and passionate genius that has given us a gift, that keeps on giving!  Kudos to you for hosting and spreading the musical truth!

Mountainjoe

• Eigen Audio
I should have also mentioned that SFAS will post an event report - I will provide a link to it when it's available.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
..very cool.  Wish I could have been there!  Thanks for posting MJ..

gammajo

Boy! Wish I could have been there - an experience of a life-time to have Albert in your home. Applaud yourself for all the work the went into the system to make it sound that good. Would love to have a copy of that handout.

Mountainjoe

• Eigen Audio
Let me ask Albert if he's ok for me to post it here.

Albert Von Schweikert

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
Fellow Audiophiles,

I wish to thank Alon, the President of the San Francisco Audio Society, and Joe, our host, for allowing me to attend their meeting and speak about engineering.  Joe's system was amazing; he has tuned his vinyl rig for years and his complementary VTL tube electronics were an outstanding choice for his new VR-55 Aktives.  In addition, Joe's record collection was outstanding, with every album a "record to die for" as far as performance and recording quality.  I must say that several cuts blew me away, including the original Fleetwood Mac's "HYPNOTIZED."  What an amazing song!

There was quite a large crowd there and many were engineers from tech companies in Silicone Valley.  I was proud to hand out an 8-page engineering paper and will create a new thread with this White Paper as the topic for any of you techies out there.

Happy Listening,

AVS

Mountainjoe

• Eigen Audio
Hi Albert - thanks for the kind words - it was a great opportunity to talk tech with you and share stories with you and Alon.

But mostly I wanted to thank you for all the hours of enjoyment you've provided me over the years with your wonderful spaeker desgns. With the VR-55 I now feel like I've reached the end of the road with my system and there's nothing left but hours of listening in pure audio bliss  :green: