Loud Vibration on Vandersteen model3 heard

mgsboedmisodpc2

Loud Vibration on Vandersteen model3 heard
« on: 16 Oct 2015, 12:58 am »
Noticed a vibration today on my Vandersteen model 3.  At first I thought maybe the prima luna prologue 5 had an issue but after switching speaker cables and tubes to see if the vibration switched from right to left I finally noticed the vibration coming from the back of the speaker the plate where the speaker label is where the speaker banana plugs are and when I pressed on the crossover panel the vibration went away.  So any idea on why the crossover speaker name plate is vibrating so loudly?  Yes the day before I was playing some music loudly but the amp I was using is the prima luna prologue 5 with kt120 tubes.  I was listening to music with lots of midrange Herbie Handcock HeadHunters.

Well now I will rewire and re tighten the speaker cables which were not vibrating the name plate was vibrating.

mgsboedmisodpc2

Re: Loud Vibration on Vandersteen model3 heard
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2015, 01:21 am »
Well tightening up the six screws around the name plate reduced the sounding level of the vibration.  I wonder how often these screws work themselves loose allowing the panel to vibrate?

ctsooner

« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2015, 10:50 pm »
Not sure.  I personally have never had a problem with any speakers I"ve ever owned becoming loose, but I have friends who have. They are mechanical and it would also depend on the age of the speaker and how it's been maintained.  Keep up posted.  Has you fix worked?

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2015, 03:12 pm »
............ Has you fix worked?
yes

ctsooner

« Reply #4 on: 4 Nov 2015, 12:49 am »
Great.  Hate it when things aren't working for folks.