The Tuonare

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: The Tuonare
« Reply #20 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:24 pm »
I don't recall any speaker manufacturer ever making that claim, much less Vapor. It's not a unique feature, like you said, "some do it better than others", but I doubt Ryan ever said it's unique to only his.

You certainly sound unhappy and bitter....Or you're just trying to start some drama?

Bob

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #21 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:28 pm »
Imagine if ours were the only speakers on the planet that could image Bob!  I bet even you'd be impressed  :lol:

Shakeydeal

« Reply #22 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:43 pm »
First of all, I'm not bitter, nor am I unhappy. I am extremely fond of my speakers. And since I have never heard a pair of Vapor Audio speakers (but I would like to), I am not trying to start "drama" about them.

The post with the funny story implied that the guy was wowed by the imaging. Most uninitiated usually are "wowed" when they hear what's possible. The story also implied that the speakers in question were the reason for the "wow" factor. At least I took it that way. I just pointed out that it's far from uncommon. No harm, no foul.

I apologize if my candor hurt some toes. I was only dealing in facts, that puts some people off. I think Ryan makes very good looking speakers that I am sure sound excellent. I hope to hear them someday.

Shakey

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #23 on: 6 Feb 2015, 03:52 pm »
Imagine if ours were the only speakers on the planet that could image Bob!  I bet even you'd be impressed  :lol:
MMmmm..."Maybe".  :wink:

Alright Shakey, It's all good. Seemed like you were on a mission, glad we're on the same page now.
Rock on.

Bob

Eugene2

« Reply #24 on: 6 Feb 2015, 04:39 pm »
The thing I like best about Vapor speakers is their tone, pace and rythmic performance.  I see imaging and "high definition" more of an audiophile anomaly.  I listen to a lot of live music and play the saxophone.  When I go to live music very rarely do I pay attention to imaging or how many non musical sounds I hear.  I get  it imaging helps you imagine the band or singer in front of you.  I'd rather hear the beauty of the Selmer MK VI played by Coltrane, Maceo or Kenny Garrett and being able to distinguish that horn from a Yamaha or a Yanasagawa, or Miles playing his Martin Committee or a speaker that gets the sound of a Zildjian cymbal right.   The huskiness of Cassandra Wilson or the beauty of Diana Krall or Heifetz bow hitting those strings.  To me that's the most distinguishing and engaging quality of Vapor Sound and the beauty is if you want audiophile stuff Ryan can craft that for you too changing caps and drivers to suit your fancy and not limiting you to a house sound.  Don't get me wrong imaging is fun too I remember the original champs of imaging the Spica TC 50s!  With all that said some speakers image way better than others...  I'm sure based on the other designs the Tuonare gets a lot of things right.