No Surprise

Smitty

No Surprise
« on: 9 Jul 2005, 04:26 pm »
This post is for those like myself who lurk, research, while contimplating where to spend thier hard earned money. My work is done, and just wanted to share. Below is the Email I sent to Louis upon receiving my Super 3/R's. It took a year of reading everything on the net concerning Omega speakers. It was tight! What the computer screen couldn't help me with was the finish. This I left up to Louis to surprise me. He sure did. Flawless from start to finish, just a great expierience.    

Hi Louis,
             They are stunning! I love the Rosewood/Leather combination. Had a bit of a scare when one of them didn't work. Turns out it needed a push to get started. I had the volume very low and only one speaker played. Swapped cables around and the same speaker was out. Made new connections with the same results. Then I remembered how stiff these drivers start out and tried turning everything off, cranking the volume, and turned it back on. It worked.

The $20 Sonic Impact I bought to break them in is a hoot. The black background is amazing. I was actually glad to hear the "un-broken in" traits in place. No bass at all,  narrow sound stage (also a tripath trait) and strident at vocal peaks.  Had it been any other way I would have felt cheated. I want the whole expierience. Still they don't sound a bit confused. In fact they sound pretty darn good. Kind of like a race horse thats angry at being held back.

Just about the time they're broken in the Almarro should be here. Right now I'm listening to Linda Ronstadt with The Nelson Riddle Orchestra. She seems glad to be here. When I pick her up in the Almarro, I expect to have her pants off by the third track. LOL

Thanks for the way you conduct your buisness. Flawless in every respect. Most of the world no longer operates this way. Combine this with a superior product and I can only hope that you are doing well.

Best Regards, Craig Smith

onemug

No Surprise
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2005, 06:08 am »
I agree with you. I bought the Super 3r's a year ago in walnut and have been very happy with them.  The Almarro will be a nice compliment to them. I can't wait to hear his Hemp 8's. BTW, when I last spoke with him he said it looked like the Hemp 4.5 would fit right into the 3's cabinet. Kinda like tube rolling only it's driver rolling. They don't come any nicer than Louis. He builds his speakers and runs his company with his heart and I wish him all the best that he deserves.

Louis O

• Facilitator
    • http://www.omegaloudspeakers.com
No Surprise
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2005, 01:09 am »
Hi Smitty,

Many thanks for the great compliments and it was a pleasure working with you too. It was great that you gave me the green light to surprise you with the new look. I felt bad about the binding post spacer issue and really happy it worked out. I'm now going to heatshrink around the Cardas so this wont happen.

The initial experience with the SI and the Super 3s are right on and they do take a bit of time to come into their own. I'm into the Lotus and Clari t so much I haven't turned on the tubes for a while. Vinnies Monica Dac is also super sweet. I have a Toshiba coming next.

Yoshi from Almarro and I did a swap of amp and Super 3s and he's really liking the Combo too.

Thanks again and it was great working together on the Super 3s.

Hi onemug,

Great speaking to you over the phone today and I'm really happy Joe's amp is sounding super good. I'm really happy it worked out so well.

Talk to you soon,
Louis