Anyone going bigger up the X Line ??

2bigears

Anyone going bigger up the X Line ??
« on: 13 May 2020, 08:05 pm »
 :D hello all OB Lovers.  If you have the smaller X's i will take them off your hands ?? I can't afford new....  :D
         A shot in the dark i know.  Regards Pascal.    :thumb:

bbybaudio

Re: Anyone going bigger up the X Line ??
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2020, 08:56 pm »
Yes, I understand your pain. As the X5s are essentially X3s with a slightly smaller subwoofer, and I love them, I see no need to move up the line. Sorry, mine will not be for sale. But, who knows, two pair popped up for sale in the last two weeks. Good luck!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2020, 10:20 pm »
You could always buy some Magneplanars for a lot less and still have that OB sound.  :D

mrotino332

« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2020, 12:53 pm »
Yes I have no desire to sell or upgrade to the larger X3's.  My room is a small to medium sized room thus the X5s were more appropriate.  Anyway good luck with your search, I know they've just gone up in price but I still feel they will compete with most speakers which are even more expensive and they don't need much power as well as most other speakers do which is a great benefit.  They are essentially full range/very dynamic as well going down to the upper 20s on my Stereophile test cd and I've removed my rel subs I was using previously, no need for them anymore as they actually detract a bit from the bass quality of the spatials in my opinion.  I run mine with a 30 watt/channel integrated and it is much more power than I need as they are 97 db efficient.

morganc

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2020, 06:12 pm »
If you want them at a discount you just have to be patient.  There will be a huge liquidation of everything by the fall at the latest and through the next few years as our economy grinds to a halt.  In 2008 everything was 50-80% off retail in the used department and this will be even worse.  Of course everyone won't be negatively impacted but those who are will be forced to sell.  And buyers will be fewer=prices drop.  Short term deflation is almost guaranteed after everyone realizes that the short term economic pumping will likely not last past the election.  Just like 2008.

2bigears

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2020, 07:56 pm »
 :D thanks all. Maggie's are very power hungry. I had 3.6's before. Zero bass.  With a swarm they would work but i sold my monster amp. Virtue to be in no hurry. Used is always the way to go. Unless $$ is no concern. But dam,,,, the 1% took it all and put it in storage. 2500 billionaires that won't share.   :D

Wind Chaser

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2020, 09:31 pm »
I had 3.6's before. Zero bass. 

That would not be the fault of the speaker, but even so, that's an easy problem to correct.  :wink:

drhoon

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2020, 11:58 pm »
going to lumina from my x3 someday  :D