Woofer mounted higher on HT3?

mb

« on: 15 Sep 2005, 05:37 am »
Hi Al,

Would mounting the side woofer on the HT3 higher (ie. top of woofer section instead of bottom) cause any problems? Has the bass response been tailored to include floor loading, so that top mounting might cause bass integration problems?

Thanks!

RAW

« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2005, 04:45 pm »
The Extremis has been designed for floor loading yes.
Mounting the driver can not go any higher than 12" off the floor.

mb

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2005, 05:21 am »
Thanks Al :)  :)

LAL

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2005, 03:04 pm »
Al,

Have you given any consideration to a stand mount version of the Ht 3 with a forward facing Extremis woofer similar to Kevin Haskins' 641? I would think that this would make an  exceptionally nice full range 3 way in relatively small package.

LAL

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2005, 05:40 pm »
No we are not.
The 641 Kevin does needs a pair of stands.
The HT3 does not.
Why pay for stands when you do not need to.
Yes monitors are nice for some but people will still require the stands and we designed the slim floor stander for a reason.
No stand needed!

Milehighguy

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2005, 06:31 pm »
Apart from not needing a stand, the ht3 would also benefit from a larger cabinet volume and it keeps the woofer close to the floor. Both of those differences should result in deeper or stronger bass. Am I right?

RAW

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2005, 10:52 pm »
Cabinet volume is maxium yes.
And yes loading off the floor helps with low end extention.
Correct.
 :mrgreen:

LAL

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2005, 02:17 pm »
No we are not.
The 641 Kevin does needs a pair of stands.
The HT3 does not.
Why pay for stands when you do not need to.
Yes monitors are nice for some but people will still require the stands and we designed the slim floor stander for a reason.
No stand needed!

Al,
You have a monitor or standmount with the Extremis and Aurum Cantus and one with the WR125 and the Aurum Cantus. Putting the Extremis, WR125 and the Aurum Cantus together in a monitor or standmount strikes me as the logical choice for a "reference  speaker" from RAW for those who prefer or  whose situation requires a non floorstanding speaker.  Take my situation for example.  My front speakers for a home theater/music system must sit in an entertainment center.  Large monitors or stand mounts will work. Floor standers will not.(although they would be just the ticket for the rear speakers)

LAL

RAW

« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2005, 03:29 pm »
Yes we know the 641 is a very small compact monitor but as I said at this time we will not be doing the HT3 in a monitor.

This is due to on going designs that will be coming out in the next few months :mrgreen:

And really those looking at bookshelf size speakers the HT2 is the best bang out for the price.And matching to a sub is a lot easier that with the HT3 if you are using them for HT use this makes them more friendly to intergrate in the room as well.

What is coming!
Small hints :!:
SuperSpires TMMMM using the WR125S and our long ribbon
SuperSpires C Center MMTMM

SuperSpiresReference MTMMMMMMM
SSRC MMMMTMMMM