FS: EVS modified Oppo BDP-95 $625

oeno

FS: EVS modified Oppo BDP-95 $625
« on: 19 Sep 2020, 09:51 pm »
I have a EVS (Ric Schultz) modified Oppo BDP-95 player for sale. I am selling as I have moved on to using a streamer/DAC combo.

Modifications by Ric Schulz at EVS include the following:

-remove unnecessary parts in the AC supply, damp parts in the AC supply, and change the main diodes in the switching supply. Remove the toslink LED connector for better sound.

-Noise reduced by wiring techniques and isolate the linear toroidal transformer from the chassis and mount it on a piece of thick pressboard.

-Damp the transport in various ways and black all around the laser assembly and underneath the transport cover to reduce laser reflections.

-Ground the cover of the transport.

-Change the diodes in the analog linear supply and use a special technique to reduce ringing in the transformer when the diodes shut off.

- Install Low jitter clock for the main processor: We have found a more expensive even lower jitter clock and now use our shunt regulator running off its own dedicated power supply feed for even better analog sound, better digital out sound, HDMI out sound, improved picture

-Install Discrete shunt regulator for stereo DACs analog supply: The 32 bit ESS DACs need great power supplies to sound their best. The Analog supply is the most critical. We remove the entire stock feed and power supply to the DAC and substitute our hand made cascoded current sourced shunt regulator running directly from the raw supply.

My unit has been recently tested. It is in great shape. Includes remote control.

You can read more about the mod here: http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Oppo_95_mods.htmlbox