james

what is canadian list price for pair of 7B SST2 ?  :scratch:

steven

$5100 each.

james

rmurray

Re: 7B SST2 canadian list price
« Reply #2 on: 8 Sep 2015, 12:48 am »
  Is that about the current price of the 4B sq.  ?

SFOX

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:31 am »
james

what is build time from order ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2015, 10:42 am »
  Is that about the current price of the 4B sq.  ?

$4995

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2015, 10:43 am »
james

what is build time from order ?

I would say about 2 weeks.

james

rmurray

« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2015, 04:22 pm »
   Thanks  James. I assume there hasn't been any changes to the 4b or  7b lately. If I order  they will be the latest versions .? :scratch: thanks again.......

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2015, 04:53 pm »
   Thanks  James. I assume there hasn't been any changes to the 4b or  7b lately. If I order  they will be the latest versions .? :scratch: thanks again.......

Correct no changes.

james

SoundGame

« Reply #8 on: 12 Sep 2015, 11:59 pm »
Hey James,

It's been sometime since I dropped a note here.  Looking forward to perhaps seeing you once again at TAVES CES 2015 on Oct. 30th - it will be here soon.  Any case, as per your last response on this thread, I understand there have been no changes to the SST2 amps - since perhaps their introduction, which I believe must now be coming on 7-years.

I love my 4B-SST2 and have thought about going to a 7B-SST2 or 14B-SST2; however, I expect that will be only a slight step up given my power needs.  What I would be interested in, is the next evolutionary step in Bryston's amplifier journey.

Any chance we can expect an amplifier remodel in the next 12 to 18 months?  That's my time-frame for an upgrade.

Thanks very much!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2015, 01:04 am »
Hey James,

It's been sometime since I dropped a note here.  Looking forward to perhaps seeing you once again at TAVES CES 2015 on Oct. 30th - it will be here soon.  Any case, as per your last response on this thread, I understand there have been no changes to the SST2 amps - since perhaps their introduction, which I believe must now be coming on 7-years.

I love my 4B-SST2 and have thought about going to a 7B-SST2 or 14B-SST2; however, I expect that will be only a slight step up given my power needs.  What I would be interested in, is the next evolutionary step in Bryston's amplifier journey.

Any chance we can expect an amplifier remodel in the next 12 to 18 months?  That's my time-frame for an upgrade.

Thanks very much!

Hi

We are always researching better ways but unless something substantial comes along we do not feel model changes are necessary.

james

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:34 am »
  That's what I love about Bryston....don't change just for the sake of it, only if there's a valid improvement  :thumb:

AJAudio

• The sweet sound of music...
« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:58 am »
I pretty much support Redbook opinion.

That is probably the same philisophy behind there legendary warranty.

Other company change their design on a regular base, a few year at most...  And offer 5 year (limited and non transferable... ???) warranty.  Since the desing chance every so often, they can't stock pile and pile of stuff to support it very long...

(This is the downfall of the digital line of product as well...  Computer and digital related technology change at a rate that makes them impossible to support over long period of time...)

But Bryston design are rock solid and time tested and very well backed by the company. 

And more to the point, it sound awesome...  :-)

And one day, I'm pretty sure the there will be a SST3 generation, but again, like James like to say, it will most probably be an "evolutionnary" step...  Not a "revolutionnary" one...

But always wanting the "next best thing" makes you loose the present moment.

But just to take Soundgame point of view, it is deceiving to buy an expensive piece of hardware one day and that a new version arrive the next day...  :-)

(That is one reason for forum such as the present one!  We can get a glimpse, and even influence a bit (as tiny as it may be) the direction of the company in regard to its priority in production evolution, etc.)

Take care!

AJ

rmurray

« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2015, 03:19 pm »
Very well said.... :dance:

SoundGame

« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2015, 04:02 pm »
Hi

We are always researching better ways but unless something substantial comes along we do not feel model changes are necessary.

james

Hi James - I know that the 14B, 7B and the 28B include significant internal filtering, significantly more than the 4B - and hence, those larger amplifiers derive no benefit from the power conditioning of the BIT.  As well, the 14B, 7B and 28B are all fuseless designs. 

Would there not be a sonic benefit of building in this filtering design within the 4B and if so how much would it impact the price?  I would assume there would be some "real-world"  benefits where less than perfect household power is feeding a 4B. 

The other ask would be - any chance of a 4B monoblock model?  That would seem to be a very nice alternative to have and I would guess serve to capture clients looking for monoblocks but staying closer to the price of the 4B.  This monoblock design coud increase the filtering thus potentially adding to sonics.

I'd love to get something like that in for audition.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:22 pm »
Hi James - I know that the 14B, 7B and the 28B include significant internal filtering, significantly more than the 4B - and hence, those larger amplifiers derive no benefit from the power conditioning of the BIT.  As well, the 14B, 7B and 28B are all fuseless designs. 

Would there not be a sonic benefit of building in this filtering design within the 4B and if so how much would it impact the price?  I would assume there would be some "real-world"  benefits where less than perfect household power is feeding a 4B. 

The other ask would be - any chance of a 4B monoblock model?  That would seem to be a very nice alternative to have and I would guess serve to capture clients looking for monoblocks but staying closer to the price of the 4B.  This monoblock design coud increase the filtering thus potentially adding to sonics.

I'd love to get something like that in for audition.

Hi

The 4B's have sophisticated filtering it is just not necessary to have the Transformer technology in the smaller amps like the 4B and below as we have found it really does not provide the instantaneous current delivery advantage that the larger amplifiers can benefit from.

james

SoundGame

« Reply #15 on: 28 Sep 2015, 06:45 pm »
Hi

The 4B's have sophisticated filtering it is just not necessary to have the Transformer technology in the smaller amps like the 4B and below as we have found it really does not provide the instantaneous current delivery advantage that the larger amplifiers can benefit from.

james

Okay thanks James.  And, how about a 4B-SST2 monoblock version.  Could you build it on a client requested basis??  What would be the premium - 10% extra??  Heck - I'd probably pay up to $6,000 (extra 20%) for something like that.  Just provides the monoblock advantages and would appear the same as the 7B (I guess it would fit inside those enclosures).

servingko

« Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2015, 10:11 pm »
With current exchange rates, a trip to the great white north may be in order.....

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #17 on: 29 Sep 2015, 05:43 am »
Okay thanks James.  And, how about a 4B-SST2 monoblock version.  Could you build it on a client requested basis??  What would be the premium - 10% extra??  Heck - I'd probably pay up to $6,000 (extra 20%) for something like that.  Just provides the monoblock advantages and would appear the same as the 7B (I guess it would fit inside those enclosures).
Now a 4b mono is something I have been hoping for too.......... :thumb:

Rod_S

« Reply #18 on: 29 Sep 2015, 01:52 pm »
Technically... :) The 4's are kind of already monos, just switch them to bridged operation.

Something I would really like to see would be a vertical option for the 7's and 28's. I think when it comes to monos the vertical approach looks better aesthetically when out by the speakers. A few manufacturers that do or have done vertically orientated monos are Theta digital, Mark Levinson and Classe.

Rod_S

« Reply #19 on: 29 Sep 2015, 01:57 pm »
Speaking of  7's, I almost pulled the trigger on three 7's very recently. Unfortuantely couldn't negotiate a favorably reduced price considering 3 would be purchased at the same time :(