Parasound, Inc sold

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Parasound, Inc sold
« on: 16 Dec 2022, 12:36 pm »
Parasound, the price conscience high end audio company was sold to a new owner.  The founder and owners for half a century are retiring and say they've found the perfect person to take over.  Story follows.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/parasound-under-new-ownership

richidoo

Re: Parasound, Inc sold
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2022, 12:59 pm »
Thanks for the news, Dan!

Congratulations Richard Schram!

I will miss being able to email him with technical questions and him replying personally within an hour, and I don't even own any Parasound gear!

I have always loved hearing JC1+JC2 systems over the years. Tried to buy used JC1s but they always went to fast or too high for me.

I'm looking forward to what the new owners have in store.

AllanS

« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2022, 01:08 pm »
It will definitely be interesting to hear what next level means and how he means to appeal to the younger generations.

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 16 Dec 2022, 06:09 pm »
Thanks for the news, Dan!

Congratulations Richard Schram!

I will miss being able to email him with technical questions and him replying personally within an hour, and I don't even own any Parasound gear!

I have always loved hearing JC1+JC2 systems over the years. Tried to buy used JC1s but they always went to fast or too high for me.

I'm looking forward to what the new owners have in store.

Let’s hope the new owner will maintain the level of expert service Parasound owners have enjoyed.

geowak

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2022, 12:39 pm »
I bought several pieces of Parasound gear. Their amps designed by John Curl outperformed a boutique manufacturer profiled here with its own forum. The A21 was better built, sounded better and the transformers were quality made.