Get togethers in Denver?

tcsubwoofer

Get togethers in Denver?
« on: 8 Jul 2009, 03:34 am »
I'd like to try and strike up a few audiophile relationships in the Denver area and have a chance to enjoy some different systems and discuss audio.  I figure this is the place to ask.  I don't see a lot of activity on this forum so perhaps people are meeting off-line?  Any annual or semi-annual get togethers?
« Last Edit: 8 Jul 2009, 03:05 pm by tcsubwoofer »

jrebman

Re: Get togethers in Denver?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Jul 2009, 02:18 pm »
We've got a really big one coming up in October :-).

Jcarney just had one at his place a few weeks ago, but most of them seem to be smaller gatherings and informal ones.

I'm in Boulder so don't get to the Denver meetings, except RMAF.

-- Jim

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jul 2009, 06:10 pm »
The Colorado Audio Society gets together pretty often. The next event will be at Teres Audio, hosted by Chris Brady the owner. Chris is one of the truly good guys and has a pretty amazing system. He is Mr. DIY when it comes to electronics. The CAS site is: http://www.coloradoaudiosociety.org/
Chris's system: http://www.teresaudio.com/haven/

I tend to have folks over a couple of times per year but this summer is out for me as I had ankle surgery three weeks back. :( However, if you live in the south end of town I'm always willing to have guests. I'm south east of Parker, towards Elizabeth, out in the country. Shoot me a PM or email if you'd like to drop by. My system is currently a much hacked Squeezebox with a tube output stage or a Teres/Morch/Benz/Hagerman Cornet feeding a DIY preamp -> McIntosh 275 or Audio GD Zero dB SS amp. -> Geddes Abbey speakers w/3 subs in a dedicated room.

Mike

tcsubwoofer

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2009, 04:32 pm »
Sorry to hear about the surgery.  Thanks for the tip on the Colorado Audio Society.  I just sent a check to join and look forward to some future events.  I may take you up on the offer to visit down the road.  I live in Stapleton and so making a special trip down the road might not be a big deal.

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2009, 05:12 pm »
Sounds good. Just ping me when you feel like a drive. I'm able to navigate around the house, just can't really do an event yet. :)

The next CAS meeting is the 18th at Chris's place. Some good folks in the group.