pardales

Re: STs for sale on Agon
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2008, 07:40 pm »
I saw that yesterday....very tempting.  :drool:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2008, 09:47 pm »
I'll 2nd that, and I already have one pair with the stock OW2 Hiquphons. So many wants, so little money. :bawl:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2008, 11:11 pm »
Must resist...

Although a pair for the rear channels would sure compliment the three I have up front.   aa

George

ThorsHammer

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2008, 04:55 pm »
Contacted owner...this might work out great because I contacted Jim a while back to get the process started but got hung up on what type of wood and finish to use and didn't follow thru. Btw - what, if any, are the sonic differences between the stock and upgraded Hiquphon OW4 tweeters?  Little bit of downside in that I was going to package the Song Center with the STs and pick up the discount...now that I think about it, Jim will be able to match the center with these pretty close won't he? Seems I've seen a number of the Ropey/Curly Cherry in the galleries.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2008, 06:26 pm »
Hi   There are no sonic differences between the 0W2 and 0W4 tweets.  What you see is literally what you get.  One is black, the other is platinum.   

TomW16

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2008, 07:13 pm »
Hi   There are no sonic differences between the 0W2 and 0W4 tweets.  What you see is literally what you get.  One is black, the other is platinum.   

I am sure that the black one has a blacker background and the platinum one sounds metalic.   :lol:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Cheers,
Tom

BrianM

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2008, 09:36 pm »
So it's not a $100 "upgrade," it just costs more to make it shiny then.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jul 2008, 12:40 am »
Well, I don't doubt that they might spend more time applying the coating on the 0W4, and there might be some performance measure that would show an advantage for it, but I haven't been able to find it.  It's mostly looks. 

mike1964

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jul 2008, 01:12 am »
I have the upgraded tweeters in my SongTowers (Jim was out of the standard tweeters, and I didn't want to wait another three weeks..) and while they sound fantastic I doubt that they're that much better, if any, than standard.  I am thrilled with the speakers.  They are every bit as good as the reviews.  The fit and finish is far beyond what you expect to see at this price point; like the listing on A'gon says, pictures don't do them justice. 

gthomas

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2008, 05:58 pm »
I would sure like to have a pair of those for my office!!

Gene