Ed Wrobel's HT3's

jsalk

Ed Wrobel's HT3's
« on: 24 Jul 2006, 10:40 pm »
Ed saw a picture of some HT3's I did about a year ago and wanted the same thing.  They were done in English fiddleback sycamore with maple trim.

Ed did not want an extra solid wood front baffle and wanted full-length grills to protect the drivers from wandering fingers.  Of course, he will not use them for critical listening.

Ed wanted to pick them up as soon as they were finished.  So we didn't have time to take any pictures.  But he was kind enough to send me some of his set-up.  You can't see the fine fiddleback detail or the detail in the curly maple trim.  But you can at least see his set-up.  Here are the pictures he emailed me.

Happy listening Ed!

- Jim

« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2006, 01:46 am by jsalk »

NealH

Re: Ed Wrobel's HT3's
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2006, 12:53 am »
Great job with these speakers.  I, for one really fancy the lighter woods.  The Maple trim on this one is a nice touch providing the speaker with an understated beauty all the while looking very clean, upmarket and refined. 

Wish they were coming to my house. 

jermmd

« Reply #2 on: 25 Jul 2006, 01:00 am »
I agree. The look is very clean and modern. I would have chosen a lighter color for my HT3's if I was planning on showing the speakers off but I think light colors might be too distracting as part of a home theater. Who knows? They sure do look nice.

AudioFanKJ

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jul 2006, 01:25 am »
Very nice Ed.  I went in almost the opposite direction regarding wood, with a darker, highly figured request...  look forward to seeing them soon!   8)

edman

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2006, 01:38 am »
Jim Salk made an audio dream come true....these are truly speakers to die for.
The craftsmanship and attention to detail can't be put into words.
Jim lives a half hour from my house so I did not have to deal with shipping or the wait.
I agree a little on the light side for a home theater....but, my next pair will be the black paint version.
These will then go to a dedicated listening room.
I could go on and on about how great these speakers are.....it was like waiting for one of your kids to be born....the anticipation and excitement is excruciating....but, WELL WORTH IT !!!!
Jim, my hats off to you....

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2006, 11:29 am »
This is the pic I have been looking for :thumb:
Man! is it hard choosing wood.  Dark highly figured vs. the light and clean look.

Ed, if you could get a close up of your grain, I'd love to see it.
A shot with the grill on too, if not too much to ask.
What color is the grill cloth?
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2006, 02:11 pm by MaxCast »