First look - new spikes

jsalk

First look - new spikes
« on: 7 Jul 2006, 09:18 pm »
It took a little longer than expected to get the first run of our new spike design completed.  But now that we have all the CAD drawings nailed down, we should be able to keep them in stock.

We now have a small supply in raw aluminum and will have some anodized in black, gold and perhaps copper in the near future.

Anticipating a question some of you may have, they are not a direct replacement for the deluxe spikes we have been using on HT3's.  They are slightly larger in diameter.  So in order to swap them out, it may be necessary to ship your plinths back so we can reposition the spike inserts.

Here's a picture of the spikes on the first pair (HT2's) of speakers to use them:

- Jim

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: First look - new spikes
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jul 2006, 09:57 pm »
Those speakers are wearing some nice shoes, can I see the whole outfit  :D

brj

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jul 2006, 10:00 pm »
Jim, are you planning on changing any or all of your plinth configurations from 3 spikes to 4?

Thanks!

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jul 2006, 04:02 am »
launche -

Those speakers are wearing some nice shoes, can I see the whole outfit  :D

Yes, I will post pictures of those speakers tomorrow.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jul 2006, 04:04 am »
brj -

Jim, are you planning on changing any or all of your plinth configurations from 3 spikes to 4?

Thanks!
I will stick with three spikes for the HT3's unless otherwise requested.  It is more stable with three.

But for the HT2's, the plinths are narrower and not as stable as I would prefer with just three.  So for HT2's, four will probably be the norm.

I hope that makes sense.

- Jim

Al Garay

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jul 2006, 04:36 am »
Very nice.

How about for hardwood floors? Do you offer little discs?

texas steve

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jul 2006, 02:17 pm »
It took a little longer than expected to get the first run of our new spike design completed.  But now that we have all the CAD drawings nailed down, we should be able to keep them in stock.

We now have a small supply in raw aluminum and will have some anodized in black, gold and perhaps copper in the near future.

Anticipating a question some of you may have, they are not a direct replacement for the deluxe spikes we have been using on HT3's.  They are slightly larger in diameter.  So in order to swap them out, it may be necessary to ship your plinths back so we can reposition the spike inserts.
Here's a picture of the spikes on the first pair (HT2's) of speakers to use them:

- Jim
Nice looking Jim, but boy if I had waited for them to go on my speakers it would have been a LONG wait!   Thanks again for stealing yours from your speakers for me.

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2006, 02:02 am »
Al -

Very nice.

How about for hardwood floors? Do you offer little discs?

I don't have any at present.  But if there are more requests, I can certainly have some made.

- Jim