Gr research Ht/music build - looking for advice

WGH

Re: Gr research Ht/music build - looking for advice
« Reply #20 on: 3 Sep 2020, 04:51 pm »
I agree with Danny, my home theater/living room is small so I had to bend most of the speaker location rules. The room's open floor plan and small size eliminated the possibility of side mounted or free standing surround and rear speakers, the walls are concrete block so in-wall was not an option either. All my surround and Atmos speakers are bipole, the side surrounds are behind me, the rear surrounds are high on the rear wall. The arrangement works surprisingly well, not perfect by any means but the bipoles wrap the sound around the couch without interfering with the front speakers.

As you can see from the photos of my setup I'm practical, not a purist:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=53699.msg1793990#msg1793990

The four Triad InWall Bronze/4 Surround speakers work very well for ceilings 8' and under. The bipole Atmos speakers were suggested by Dawn Gordon, a Triad dealer/installer with 15 years experience who regularly posts on the Triad thread on AVS Forum. I bought mine on eBay.

llreyes022

« Reply #21 on: 3 Sep 2020, 06:41 pm »
My advice to the OP is to keep it simple. Consider a 5.2 system with two pair of X-Statiks for the front and rear. Whoa!

The mistake many people make in designing an HT system is buying 7 or 9 or even 11 cheap speakers when the same budget can buy 5 higher quality and better sounding speakers. The point is -- focus first on the foundation of your HT system (front, center channel, rear and subs). Buy and build the best speakers within your budget. You can always add speakers later on if you choose to do so.       

I dont have problems with budget, but i dont like the x-statik as rear surround, im also thinking use x-ls keeping the volume enclosure as surround. but it is in process, im only limited to 8 inch depth, i need to ask if they need a new crossover

something like this cover with acoustic transparent fabric

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 8 Sep 2020, 01:22 am »
I dont have problems with budget, but i dont like the x-statik as rear surround, im also thinking use x-ls keeping the volume enclosure as surround. but it is in process, im only limited to 8 inch depth, i need to ask if they need a new crossover

something like this cover with acoustic transparent fabric

That design puts the speakers too close to your seating position. So sound is very localized as to where it is coming from.

Applications like this is where the A/V-1RS really shines.

VinceT

« Reply #23 on: 8 Sep 2020, 02:09 pm »
I have similar space restrictions especially with the side speaker positioning.

How would a LGK1 work there for more near field? I can see the AV1rs being great for HT, how do they do with music if one decided to use one of the 3D codecs in the AVR to play some live concert music for example? We all know it would sound great 2 channel  :D

llreyes022

« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2021, 01:49 am »
So many things happen in this long time, im building a new house, so i have more space to play with my new room,i change a lot the last plans.
I go to keep the 7.4.4 layout but pre wiring 9.4.6 for future upgrades.

Now i have enough space for two rows. with 3 meters away of the side walls on the main listening position. could be that enough to use the xls as surround ( I alredy have a pair) or is still a better option the avr-s ?

Some new renders