Bent Audio Garage Sale

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Bent Audio Garage Sale
« on: 27 Jun 2007, 05:48 pm »
Hello!

Every few years I must clear out some gear to make room for more gear.... I have a tendency to keep all stuff around forever - drives my wife nuts. Here is a quick list of some stuff I will be looking to find a new home for. I have not included pricing - if you see soemthing you would want let me know and we'll work out a fair price. I will be listing stuff on audiogon or e-bay later if no forum watchers want it.

EDIT: Added a few more items and prices. Should have put prices on to start with - lots of e-mails asking! Usinig 'garage sale' as a description was a bad idea when it comes to the finished Bent gear, etc - this stuff is all new and all but one unit (the TAP-X with non arlon input boards) is entirely current. Since I run 25% to 35% gross margins over my costs I can't really price it at 1/2 normal pricing or anything like that..... Maybe calling it a sale would have been a better idea............

Bent Audio Gear

This is Bent Audio protoypes or misc stuff built for web page pics, etc.....

- One Input / 2 Output TAP Pre-amp with tant film resistor boards - Reg Price $1050 - Price for unit in stock $775.00

-- Six Input TAP resistor pre-amp with PRP resistors. Built as a test for an OEM who liked the PRP's. Sounds really fine. Reg price $1200 - Now $900

-- TAP resistor pre-amp with Vishay resistors. All current parts, arlon PCB's etc. Reg Price $1325 - Now $1000

-- TAP-X unit with Tant Film atten boards. 7.5" deep chassis. Could be used as is for a passive or add your fave buffer inside. Current parts except input PCB is not Arlon. Reg Price $1200 - now $800 (same parts inside as the TAP pre-amps above but with a bigger chassis).

-- NOH Silver Pre-amp. Late model NOH with remote source select and remote volume control. MK III Silver TVC's. Would have been about $2300 new. I took it as a trade on a TAP when the TAP first came out. Now $1600. I gather the MFA equiv silver unit (without remote volume) is about $5K now.....

The original TX102 Pre-amp! The box style is the Model 102 - small size. This is the very first test box / unit made with the TX102 MK I trannies. One input and one output with Seiden switch for volume control. Stainless steel box parts (that is what the laser guy was buring the day I had'em make these parts) with extruded alum sides with no laser marking, etc. $400. Heavy little box!

First full size version of the Model TX102 pre-amp. MK I trannies with Seiden switch. 6 Inputs and RCA + XLR outputs. Black laser engraved case. $700

---------------------
Non Bent Audio Gear

This is gear I have accumulated over time......

GR Research Alpha speakers. Very large line arrays. Black Enclosures with Black Hole 5 inside, etc. Spooky heavy so no way to pack and ship so local pick-up only. $1950.

FAL Speakers. Now that I have the finished FAL model in-house these original preakers should find a new home. They will be a small fraction of the cost of the finished model. Pick-up only again. Driver Cost (My discounted cost for them) at the time was about $3500. New EX-W version that I have here now list price would translate to about $16K I think.  Price for local pick-up $2K. If they do not sell as local pick-up I will remove drivers and scrap the cabinet - driver only cost at that point would be $1800 - that is for 4 FLAT C drivers + 1 pair of Aurum Cantus ribbons.

Reps-1 Drivers in front horns. The original 'Deep Throat' horns (named by Dan at Bottlehead). 150Hz tracrix horns. Basically set-up for Lowther drivers I ended up with the high end Reps drivers in them. Pick-up if you want the horns. If just the REPs drivers then I would ship but they would need to be packed silly good! I gather these now list for $9500 per pair for the drivers only. Yikes.... My cost was much lower so the price would be MUCH lower than $9500....... These may need to end up on e-bay.

Raw drivers - Skaaning model SK300-304 12" woofers. Bought for a project many years back and sitting here too long. One cone has damage. Local pick-up $250 for the pair. Can't recall new cost but they are pricey drivers. Re-cone repair kit was pretty cheap as I recall - I just never found time to get to it.........

Raw Drivers - Scan Speak 18W-8545K and Scan speak 12M. Pair of each. 18W's are new in box  and 12M mids are in  small test boxes used to measure, etc. Price would be 1/2 whatever new pricing is for pick-up. If no-one wants to pick'em up then I'll e-bay'em.

Classe CA100 amp - few years old now but seldom used. Was for rears in a theater set-up but I have not run surround for many years now so it just sat around. $no idea but I'll make it cheap for pick-up! Perfect shape.

Just e-mail or call (604)538-9812 to discuss if you have an interest in anything.

Thanks!

John

« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2007, 04:09 pm by John Chapman »

Big Red Machine

Re: Bent Audio Garage Sale
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2007, 08:36 pm »
PM sent, hey what's one more preamp in the stable!

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2007, 12:21 am »
I really wish I could go for the Reps but I think my wife would divorce me after she saw the bill.

Tell you what though, if you can figure out how to ship your horns, I'd take those off your hands :green:

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2007, 02:53 pm »
Hello!

Marbles:

I had a long long time ago decided I would not have time to make that record cleaner into a product so I passed all the parts on to a turntable maker who was interested.  As far as I know nothing ever came of it.... I suppose I should ask for the parts back but that would not be in keeping with the shop cleanout I am in the middle of! I think that product is unlikely to become one. Great idea that is just not meant to be. Over time there have been others do it - and the local fellow I got the idea from was doing it simply by spinning records on chopsticks in a tank - as an all out diy experience it can work but to turn it into a polished product would cost too much......

I do have 8 or so Ultrasonic Tanks here. These were 25Khz cleaners. After I got them and did some testing I could see that we needed a much higher frequency and the company made a test unit at 80Khz or so.  If anyone want to play with 25Khz ones to clean bike parts, etc let me know - Super cheap for pick-up and maybe something like $200 per tank for shipped ones - they will take some packing.......

Scott - I will let you know. As you know from or phone call these were made about the time the Oris Horns were made. I did it mainly so I could get'em for myself although I did sell 15 pairs or so to pay for the mould needed to thermoform them. Since Bert was on the scene by then selling almost the same horn and since I like wires better than plastic parts I did not keep selling them. I made a 'mistake' when i designed them - they are just a bit too big to ship via normal methods! Ended up needing to be flown from point to point (airport to airport) and stuff like that. I used 150Hz as the low end point - Seemed like a good low end point to me. If I had gone 180Hz shipping would have been much easier!

Thansjk!

John

« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2007, 07:04 pm by John Chapman »

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2007, 06:16 pm »
Hello!

Silver NOH gone......

Thansk!

John

mark@marktwain

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jun 2007, 09:01 pm »
Sent you a pm on the Scan Speak 18W-8545K drivers.

Mark

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2007, 01:42 pm »
Hello!

8545K drivers gone.

Side note - items marked for pickup (like the large speakers, etc....) are priced in Canadian funds - not that it is all that different than US funds these days!

Thanks!

John

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jul 2007, 11:16 pm »
Hello!

Prototype Model 102 one input / one output preamp gone.

Thanks!

John

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jul 2007, 10:28 pm »
Hello!

Happy 4th to all in the USA! If you are reading this stop and go to the beach or something......

TAP Resistor pre with Vishay resistors gone.......

Thansk!

John

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jul 2007, 03:16 pm »
Hello!

PRP Resistor TAP unit gone.

Thanks!

John