GR research new website

Speaker Challenged

GR research new website
« on: 19 Oct 2020, 10:55 am »
Well done Danny and the GR team. The new website is coming along great. No more 1990's  :lol:

http://www.gr-research.com/

Digi-G

Re: GR research new website
« Reply #1 on: 19 Oct 2020, 03:31 pm »
Ahhh, finally.  Very nice.

Barryg443

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2020, 03:33 pm »
Looking good!  Nice layout!  I can’t wait for divers to come in so I can get to work on studio monitors! :D

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2020, 03:51 pm »
WOW! Great job!!!

JakeJ

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2020, 03:54 pm »
Agree with all, very much nicer.

NeilBlanchard

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2020, 04:03 pm »
The new web site look very good, overall. A few of the photos are fuzzy, like the GR Neo 3 tweeter. Also, a few more dimensions on the drivers, like the required mounting hole diameter, would be helpful.

Is there a way to find out (about) how much it would cost to test a speaker, and design and install a new crossover?

jn316

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2020, 04:18 pm »
Well done! I do miss the price of the upgrades listed right next to the upgrade as you had before. Not a big deal as the price automatically updates up above as you select upgrades, but it is still nice to see the price without having to do the math.

Also, the NX-Series picture is the same as the X-Series picture...might want to update that at some point and get those amazing NQs in the picture!

Just trying to help.

Congratulations on the new site!

Gary

jn316

« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2020, 04:27 pm »
One more...sorry! Did some of the prices change? The mid-circuit sonicap upgrade for the NX-Otica is now $640. Wasn't it like $360 before? Not trying to be a pain, just wanting to make sure everything is correct. You have every right to change prices.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2020, 04:51 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Yes there are a few bugs and fixes. Please point out whatever you see.

And some things are basically place holders as new photos and information will follow.

We are still working out shipping cost functionality too. So if you are ordering something and the shipping doesn't show up or something please let me know.

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2020, 05:43 pm »
Hey, Danny!

Congrats on getting some movement on this project; I know it has been something you've wanted to get taken care of for a long time!

I just clicked through a few things and wandered through the LGK pages.  Do you have LGK drivers back in stock, because it let me get all the way through to adding a kit to the shopping cart as if it could be checked out.  I thought these drivers availability still made this kit on hold until further notice?

[EDIT: same thing on the NQ drivers.  Unless you are taking preorders and have some way of advising customers that is what's happening, the pages so far don't seem to be reflecting stock levels (assuming the NQs are still on the water and not in stock yet either).]

:thumb:

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2020, 06:17 pm »
Danny, can you share any info on your site build? I have to do a site build as well. Thanks

Rocket Ronny

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2020, 06:31 pm »
I'm on Firefox and Win10, but don't see the left hand menu as the posted pic by OP. FYI. (might be on mobile view for some reason?)

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2020, 06:33 pm »
Most excellent, dude.  This should lead to a marked increase in business.

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 19 Oct 2020, 06:38 pm »
It's looking great Danny.  Make the website official by updating your favicon from the "W" to your "GR" logo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxQTN56uyE&feature=emb_logo
Appearance -> Customize -> Site Identity

If you are using a theme like Astra (or similar) the Site Identity might be hard to find.
Try Layout -> Header -> Site Identity

Folsom

« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2020, 07:12 pm »
I'm on Firefox and Win10, but don't see the left hand menu as the posted pic by OP. FYI. (might be on mobile view for some reason?)

It appears Privacy Badger had an issue with it. If I disable it, they appear.

pinkfloyd4ever

« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2020, 08:20 pm »
Niiiccceee!!!

wshuff

« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2020, 10:19 pm »
Wow, looks great!

Eventually please put a history archive with some pics of some of the kick-ass speakers you’ve designed over the years. Like the LS models. I’m partial. And that pic from Stereophile of dude worshipping the Epiphanies should be on your site somewhere. “GR Research. Sound so good you’ll take a knee.”

RonP

« Reply #17 on: 20 Oct 2020, 09:01 pm »
 X-Omni Kit
$5,000.00

Seems like a typo from the website.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #18 on: 20 Oct 2020, 09:10 pm »
X-Omni Kit
$5,000.00

Or maybe Danny is finally listening to me and raising his prices 10x, hahaha.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 20 Oct 2020, 09:17 pm »
X-Omni Kit
$5,000.00

That's actually a fairly common placeholder price for many online shops, a similar thing lead to the "wayfair human-trafficking" conspiracy a couple months back. :P

Its a WIP much like a few of the other pages/ descriptions, so it'll get updated in due time.