Super-Vs at upcoming audio fests or local demo near San Francisco?

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Funny I was thinking the same thing about Tasars Super V's in Rosewood.

I may have pictures of a pair of Super V's in Rosewood to show in the not too distant future.

Should help your wife envision them in your home. :thumb:

Ruben

jn316

+1 on Rosewood Super V's

Cheeseboy

I would love to see them.

tasar

Yes Ed, the "drop in" amps really clean up the room. Too much STUFF ! I am using a tricked out Cullen STP pre and have not found a more analog sounding SS device of any sort. Reminds me of my older Marantz gear of yesteryear. The low powered Ice module amp(125W) is also quite analog and I've owned a lot of valve sets over the years ! The STP  is a high capacitive design and runs in Class A. The Vs sing with this front, truly ! Quite, you ask ? YES ! VERY !

We need to talk Ed, I need all the help I can muster with treatments. It was quite kind of you to accommodate the fellows from Dayton, a place I worked. Anyone wishing to audition in the MI area are likewise welcome to listen to mine.

And Cheeseboy, Rosewood would be a great choice ! I like blonde wood myself, but the cherry did make a nice accent esp w. the salt/pepper grills. You must always please the wife, mine call "our" Vs, "hansome". Whoa !! We have my build all on "tape". Cutouts are all done on a ShopBot (CNC knockoff). Shipping is awful expensive, but you can do a "field trip" to OH or MI with the new "toy"

HT cOz

+1 on Rosewood Super V's

+2 those would rock!

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
I agree, Rosewood Super V's would be very sharp looking. We'll see if it pans out.

For my personal pair, (when I can get to them) I'm considering going with a Lamborghini inspired finish/design. :green:

cedman1

Man, I bet that color would look good on a large number of speakers!  :thumb:

JohnR

Not half as good as it would look in a large number of driveways (mine in particular)!

sl_1800

I really like the amps built into the back of the speaker, nice work.  :thumb:

Cheeseboy

I agree, Rosewood Super V's would be very sharp looking. We'll see if it pans out.

For my personal pair, (when I can get to them) I'm considering going with a Lamborghini inspired finish/design. :green:

Ruben we just painted the white Alias that color for the Shanghai Auto show.   It is a beautiful rendition.  You must be listening in on our meetings.  The air freight for the car to that show is alot of money.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
Ruben we just painted the white Alias that color for the Shanghai Auto show.   It is a beautiful rendition.  You must be listening in on our meetings.  The air freight for the car to that show is alot of money.

SWEET!!! :thumb:

Got any pics?

I've got plans for this color too. :green:

Ruben

tasar

I really like the amps built into the back of the speaker, nice work.  :thumb:

Thanks SL ......this helps redistribute the front heavy aspects of this build, and cleans up the room. You've done a lot of work with your room and OBs. We will be discussing these issues over at PI's threads. It will be nice to hear your experiences, as time allows

Cheeseboy

The amp built in makes the speaker very clean and it fits any room with ease.  My wife was looking them over sunday morning.  She is sitting on the fence about them.

We didn't get a change to photo the car before it left for the show.  I'm sure there will be plenty of pics from the show.  I'll post them here when they come in.

Voncarlos

• OB5s in Stripes
These would look good at a audio fest or demo!

In Lamborghini Verde Ithaca (Green). With Chrome.

Or Lamborghini Arancio Atlas (Orange). With Chrome

tasar

The amp built in makes the speaker very clean and it fits any room with ease.  My wife was looking them over sunday morning.  She is sitting on the fence about them.

We didn't get a change to photo the car before it left for the show.  I'm sure there will be plenty of pics from the show.  I'll post them here when they come in.

Cheeseboy......I can bury all the wires etc and shoot another pic......whatever will get your wife "off the fence" and you a few "brownie points"  8)

Cheeseboy

Helen has her own solution for wires.  She dresses them along the wall with fake shrubbery.  Kind of like Holiday garland.  From the Wall to the speaker she has not had to deal with yet.  The current set up is close enough to the wall that they are hardly seen at this point.

Yeah a little photoshop goes a long way.  One has to battle for the living room at every turn.  Once Helen has heard a speaker she folds easily as long as she gets the improvement.   I threaten her with a multible sub array to get what I want lately. 

I guess I have to go back to the original purpose of this thread.  There are many of us here in the Bay area that would love top hear the Super V's.  We all would enjoy seeing the GR produts at the California Audio Show in July.  Or someone could sponser a GR GTG.  I'm down to bring Wine and some mammal flesh to sear.

Cheeseboy

Yeah, I'm game. And I am also wondering in the back of my head what kind of deal I could get on one of those things.

Danny,

Retail is looking at about $35K right now on the Alias.  If we hustle it might hit the streets before the end of the year.  You could be the first on your blaock with an electric car that looks and acts like the real deal.

R_burke

I guess I have to go back to the original purpose of this thread.  There are many of us here in the Bay area that would love top hear the Super V's.  We all would enjoy seeing the GR produts at the California Audio Show in July. 

And there's at least one person  8) who'd love to see them at the show in Newport Beach (June 3 - 5)

Cheeseboy

Cna you post a link to the Newport Beach show?

R_burke